• To plan the development, validation and effective implementation of projects and obtain necessary approval at all stages of plans.
Ability to demonstrate capability in Colleague Values, especially:
• To agree and articulate the detailed project objectives, scope and approach with the project sponsor and programme manager.
• To identify and secure appropriate resources, both internally and externally, for the delivery of the project through its life cycle, ensuring resources are engaged and committed.
• To deliver the project on time and within budget ensuring that key issues, risks, dependencies and all aspects of business change requires of the project are identified and managed.
• To identify the resolution and mitigating action required for key risks and issues and manage these through to resolution escalating accordingly.
• Obtain sign off of deliverables at agreed and appropriate levels.
• To identify the benefits, including ownership and realisation plan, to be delivered by the project for approval by the project sponsor and divisional director.
• To monitor and report on specific project progress against milestones and identify corrective action where results are falling short of expectation.
• Responsible for project strategy, day-to-day management, management of interdependencies, milestones and deliverables.
• Report progress effectively and concisely to the programme manager and sponsor, identifying key issues and action to achieve project targets.
• Act as a retail subject matter expert across the business, liaising where necessary with all other business units to help ensure that projects and change occur in line with the operational and strategic agenda.
• We are trusting each other, working together – Strong ability to win the hearts and minds of peers and stakeholders through personal 1-2-1’s, group and own team engagement.
• Ability to communicate efficiently ensuring messages are tailored for different audiences.
• Ability to engage others, at all levels, in initiatives by being credible and persuasive to stakeholders
• Displays mature and grounded confidence in the presence of senior people, responding in an appropriate manner to criticism and remaining optimistic in the face of obstacles.
• We are making it happen – Possesses a clear sense of ownership and an ability to follow through tenaciously to resolve issues.
• Understands the relevant importance of issues, can balance and make judgments on dealing with the urgent verses the important.
• Sets and pursues guidance without direction and is able to manage workload and conflicting priorities.
• Understands Sainsbury’s culture and knows how to implement large scale projects using insight into the way the organisation operates to get things done.
• We are making it simpler – Has the ability to handle large amounts of complex data and information whilst simplifying these messages for others in clear and concise verbal and written communications.
• Challenges the status quo and be brave in suggesting and recommending new directions and approaches.
• Use sound judgment to decide appropriate action and next steps and be tenacious in ensuring the right things are done without accepting second best.
• We are treating every pound as our own – Is highly commercially aware with sound business and wider industry knowledge.
• Demonstrates a ‘business brain’ and has board perspective on the financial health of the business and the ability to invest money and resources for the good of the business and our colleagues.
• We are cheering on progress – Has the ability to encourage and inspire colleagues around them to achieve more.
• Ability to articulate achievements in a meaningful way as project goals are reached.
• We are delivering great service – Has the ability to listen to, interpret and act on feedback given to ensure that the end result of projects enables stores to deliver great service to our customers.
• Is able to build great relationships with internal customers.
• Graduate calibre with a strong retail background
Measures of Success:
• Proven track record of delivery of major business change projects
• Supporting identification and delivery of corporate strategy
• Proven track record of delivering to a structured project framework
• Advanced project management skills
• Experience of managing cross functional project teams
• Delivery of projects on time and within budget
• Delivery of comprehensive business change plans signed off by relevant governance
• Delivery of proposed project benefits to business
• Management and co-ordination of key stakeholder and communication plans throughout project lifecycle
• Development of tangible and relevant strategic view