Based in Sainsbury’s Holborn office, Nectar360 is the company behind Nectar, the UK’s largest loyalty programme, with 19m members across the country. We’re recruiting an ambitious Analyst to work closely with decision makers at one of the most prominent consumer brands who partner Nectar.
Do you take satisfaction in seeing your recommendations implemented in the real world? Are you analytically creative and motivated by new challenges? Do you have a passion for working with data to drive insight and improve customer understanding?
When you join Nectar360 Analytics you will be using both Nectar’s and the clients data warehouses to provide world-class customer insights to help the client understand how we can personalise the customer experience and drive business impact. This role is a fantastic opportunity to apply your people and analytical leadership skills.
The role reports into a Lead Analyst and is based at Nectar (Holborn).
What will you be doing:
- You’ll analyse Nectar and client data to maximise understanding of customer behaviour and provide impactful insights and recommendations.
- You’ll evaluate the clients marketing campaigns across a range of digital channels and provide recommendations to inform future campaigns and targeting
- You’ll take a pro-active role in delivering increasing analytical value to Nectar, such as improving process efficiencies and experimenting with new methods and data to enhance analytics.
- You’ll develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders. Your network of contacts will prove key to maximising how you add value through insight.
- You’ll be responsible for making your insight actionable; explaining complex analytics to non-technical audiences and making clear recommendations on how Nectar stakeholders should be using the insight you’re providing.
What we would like you to have:
- A university degree (2:1 or higher) in a numerate discipline
- To be an experienced user of SQL and ideally R or equivalent. Previous experience of BI tools (e.g. Tableau or Business Objects) and/or AWS / Snowflake would be advantageous
- Previous analytical experience (at least 1-2 years) showing application of insight to address business questions. The ability to transfer your current skills to loyalty analytics will be key
- Proficient user of advanced Excel calculations
- Prior experience of building propensity models and/ or customer segmentations advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Keen commercial awareness
- Great communication skills, with the ability to translate data into effective and influential insight
This role will suit you if:
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can quickly change. You’ll need to think on your feet and have the confidence to voice your thoughts and opinions and be prepared to make recommendations on the application of the best analytical techniques.
- You’re looking to work autonomously in a client-facing environment. You’ll take accountability for your analytical projects and build strong collaborative partnerships with both the Nectar partners and internal teams.
- You thrive on excellence all the way. You will need to deliver high-quality insight with attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity to learn and share knowledge across the breadth of Nectar360’s analytical expertise in the UK with the vision of being recognised as world class in loyalty and customer analytics.
The Nectar360 Analytics team is a centre of excellence for employees to advance their analytical understanding in the field of loyalty marketing and business & customer/collector analysis.
You’ll develop through stretching goals, targeted development and exposure to interesting work and people. Working for Nectar360, you will be proud to be part of one of the UK’s best-known brands, and to be working with our Partners who are the leading consumer and business brands.
We believe people are at their best and their happiest when they are using their strengths. We will work with you to work out what those strengths are and how best to use them to achieve what you need to, and more, and to go on to do great things within Nectar360 and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension. We offer a subsidised onsite cafeteria, along with a host of other benefits.