Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £0.75 per hour skills payment is paid for all hours worked, plus an additional £2.45 for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
Due to health and safety requirements, you will need to be over 18 to apply for this role.
Since opening our first shop in 1869, we've made a lot of Christmases merry and bright. Over the last 150 years, our food and drink offer might have changed, but our passion for outstanding customer service remains just as strong. You'll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
In this role, you don’t need to bring any previous bakery experience – we’ll teach you everything you need to know and you’ll learn on the job. What matters is that you have a passion for food and customer service that shows.
Whilst our Bakers spend the majority of their time working within our bakery, we’ll ensure you are trained and supported to work across a wide range of our Food Services teams. You’ll be there to make sure our customers are having a great experience - from helpful advice to chatting about their day, you’ll ensure every customer walks away with the intention of coming back.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Additional benefits for Christmas 2022 - to support our colleagues this Christmas, once you have 4 weeks' service, we will uplift your Sainsbury's discount to 15% at Sainsbury's from mid-November through to January 2023. Argos discount will increase to 15% for one day every payday Friday until Christmas. Plus, all of our stores will be providing free food and hot drinks for Colleagues working over the festive period.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.