Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £0.75 per hour skills payment is paid for all hours worked, plus an additional £2.45 for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
Do you have a passion for food? Then you’ll love being part of our Winning Team as one of our Bakers.
You don’t need to bring any previous Bakery experience – we’ll teach you everything you need to know. What matters is that you have a passion for food and customer service that shows. You’ll learn on the job and have the chance to attend one of our first-rate food colleges.
Whilst our Bakers spend the majority of their time working within our Bakery, we’ll ensure you are trained and supported to work across a wide range of our Food Services teams - you could be serving coffees and great meals in the café or on the hot food counter. Either way, you’ll be there to make sure our customers are having a great experience. From helpful advice, to chatting about their day – you’ll ensure every customer walks away with the intention of coming back.
Due to health and safety requirements, you will need to be over 18 to apply for this role.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.