Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £0.75 per hour skills payment is paid for all hours worked, plus an additional £2.45 for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
Due to health and safety requirements, you will need to be over 18 to apply for this role.
Do you have a passion for food? Then you’ll love being part of our Winning Team as one of our Bakers.
You don’t need to bring any previous Bakery experience – we’ll teach you everything you need to know and you’ll learn on the job. What matters is that you have a passion for food and customer service that shows.
Whilst our Bakers spend the majority of their time working within our Bakery, we’ll ensure you are trained and supported to work across a wide range of our Food Services teams. You’ll be there to make sure our customers are having a great experience - from helpful advice to chatting about their day, you’ll ensure every customer walks away with the intention of coming back.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.