As a Category Planner you will be a blend of creative, influencer and doer. Your role will vary from strategic to tactical, and you will use a variety of date sources to inform your decision making. In simple terms you will support the delivery of key vision objectives; ensuring that the value, promotional and customer plans reflect the long-term goals of the category. In practice, you will have to really know your data and come up with the big ideas. At the same time you will have to be a great negotiator and networker; co-ordinating buyers, supply chain, retail and marketing to turn your vision into reality.
World Foods and Regional is a fast moving category with many complexities. It is an area seeing significant growth and change as we continue to maximize on its potential, making the category demanding but also an ideal opportunity to stretch you skills and launch yourself upwards to a senior commercial role.
You're an optimist, upbeat, sparky, but also prepared to stand your ground. You are excited by data and insight; and will bring your experience from a previous commercial role, wherever that is from. And you’re thinking way beyond your desk.
• Own the end-to-end development and implementation of the Category Promotional Plans
• Managing category and corporate events, promotional and cross-functional activity
• Develop the category customer plan
• Build an optimized holistic promotional plan across all promotional space including during events, using appropriate data and analytics. Measure success and make recommendations for improvements
• Manage the application of promotional communications across the team, driving best practice and right first time delivery across both World Foods and Regional
• Represent the category, ensuring our fair share of voice on the customer plan
• Own the category activation plan
• Use customer insights to inform the promotional plans and support any PIR work
• Use market intelligence sources to stay up to date with category performance
• Be the expert of consumer trends in the category, establishing key opportunities to respond
• Support the lead category planner to deliver vision objectives and manage the annual category planning process
• Manage relationship with Online, ensuring our fair share of voice on their plans
• Demonstrate a good understanding of retail, insight and customers
• Ideally, demonstrate buying knowledge
• Influence and confidently challenge peers and the wider team
• Flex your communication approach by audience
• Ability to structure an argument and present complex ideas succinctly
• Take a proactive approach to all category initiatives
• Organise, plan and coordinate effectively
• Think and respond quickly
• And, you’ll have excellent Excel skills and the ability to interpret data into insights and deliver to stakeholders