We’re busy transforming retail to make every customer experience a brilliant one. And it starts with our managers, in new roles where they have the support and freedom they need to truly lead.
You will be leading the Food team that will help make sure we’re there for customers, with great products on our shelves and a helping hand when they need it. From replenishing the shelves to helping our customers find that missing ingredient in a recipe, your team will ensure our customers get the best products and service every time.
- You’ll coach and support store colleagues to delight customers
- You’ll seek out new ways to do a great job and get the best from your team
- Efficient, quick, and ready to use your initiative, you’ll help drive sales
- You’ll keep everyone focused on doing the right thing for every single customer, every time
Exciting new roles call for new role models. Retail experience isn’t essential, but the right skills are. You’ll be:
- A leader in the making: ready to influence, support and challenge in and outside your immediate team
- Passionate about customer service
- An inspiring communicator, responsive listener and great collaborator
- Driven and always learning
- A first-rate planner and decision maker
- Open-minded: the more flexible you are, the more likely we are to find a place for you
While you're helping us lead the way in retail, we’ll help you to be the leader you want to be. You can expect:
- Leadership, support and guidance from your line manager
- Tailored performance and development plans for you and your teams
- Info and digital applications at your fingertips, that make your job easier
- Access to field and central support teams
- Other Sainsbury’s Group benefits, such as discounted shopping
- There’s no uniform, because we want you to be you
- A salary range of £25,000 - £32,000 (plus a £4,500 premium for nightshift colleagues), depending on store size, team size and experience
This is a 4S grade role.