Managing in a Sainsbury’s store calls for brilliant role models who lead from the front. Always ready to influence, support and challenge, you’ll be focused on creating and managing a motivated and energised team who love what they do. You’ll coach colleagues to provide a brilliant service to our customers and together you’ll drive sales for your store. It’s about making a difference to everyone around you.
As Food Services Customer & Trading Manager, you’ll lead a large team across our café, bakery, deli, pizza counter and more. Food preparation is key, as well as managing waste and focusing on great availability and choice. You’ll plan schedules, manage performance and help colleagues deliver for our customers. Your team will be preparing great quality food products, helping customers with tips on how to cook a joint of meat or serving freshly prepared meals in the café – providing a great experience that keeps customers coming back to shop with us.
You’ll be confident, self-driven, eager to learn, and keen to try new things – a brilliant planner with strong prioritisation skills and the flexibility to support different locations on an ad hoc basis.
Hospitality or retail experience aren’t essential, but the right person is - an inspiring manager who works at pace, a responsive listener, a great communicator and keen to use new technology. Our values make us different - there’s no uniform, because we want you to be you, and there are lots of great benefits in helping us lead the way in retail, including:
• A discount card after 12 weeks for you and a second user that gives you 10% off your Sainsbury’s shopping, 10% off at Argos and 25% discount at Habitat
• Annual bonus scheme where you are rewarded on your individual contribution to our success
• Retirement savings plan where we match your contributions up to 7.5%
• Discounted shares in our Sainsbury’s Sharesave scheme
• Our cycle to work scheme gives you the opportunity to hire a brand new bike and cycling equipment
• Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
This role has a salary range of £25,000 - £28,000 (plus a £4,500 premium for nightshift colleagues where applicable), depending on store size, team size and experience.
Leading starts here - click apply to start your recruitment journey. When completing our online application you will also complete a short test on your relevant skills. After this you will be invited to a video or telephone interview with our specialized recruitment team. If successful you will attend an in store assessment where you will have the chance to demonstrate your abilities and show us how you would tackle the CTM role.