Managing a Sainsbury’s Local store calls for a brilliant role model who leads from the front. Always ready to influence, support and challenge, you’ll be focused on creating and managing a motivated and energised team who love what they do. You’ll coach colleagues to provide a brilliant service to our customers and together you’ll drive sales for your store. It’s about making a difference to everyone around you.
As a Customer & Trading Manager, you’ll oversee every aspect – from opening and closing the store, cashing up, managing performance and schedule-planning, to making sure those essential products are there for our customers. You’ll be there to lend a hand to your close-knit team when they need it – replenishing stock, taking deliveries and serving on the checkouts – helping them to deliver a real ‘wow’ service to our customers.
You’ll be confident, self-driven, eager to learn, and keen to try new things – a brilliant planner with strong prioritisation skills and the flexibility to support different locations on an ad hoc basis.
Retail experience isn’t essential, but the right person is - an inspiring manager who works at pace, a responsive listener, a great communicator and keen to use new technology. Our values make us different - there’s no uniform, because we want you to be you, and there are lots of great benefits in helping us lead the way in retail, including:
• A discount card after 12 weeks for you and a second user that gives you 10% off your Sainsbury’s shopping, 10% off at Argos and 25% discount at Habitat
• Annual bonus scheme where you are rewarded on your individual contribution to our success
• Retirement savings plan where we match your contributions up to 7.5%
• Discounted shares in our Sainsbury’s Sharesave scheme
• Our cycle to work scheme gives you the opportunity to hire a brand new bike and cycling equipment
• Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
This role has a salary range of £22,500(plus a £4,500 premium for nightshift colleagues where applicable).
Leading starts here – click apply to start your CTM recruitment journey. When completing our online application you will also complete a short assessment to demonstrate your relevant skills. Please upload a CV as it is important for us to see how you have got to this point in your career. After this you will be invited to a video or telephone interview with our specialized recruitment team. If successful you will attend an in-store assessment where you will have the chance to demonstrate your skills and show how you would tackle the CTM role.