As a Customer & Trading Manager working across our General Merchandise and Clothing departments, you’ll be leading the team that ensures our fashion, beauty and interiors are displayed at their very best. You’ll position and sell our entertainment, home and clothing ranges, including our fantastic TU brand. Whether it’s that essential winter coat or the latest summer blockbuster, your team will be there to help our customers find whatever is on their shopping list and to make sure that when they think of brilliant products, they always think of us.
Managing in a Sainsbury’s store calls for a brilliant role model who leads from the front. Always ready to support, challenge and influence, you’ll be focused on creating and managing a diverse, motivated and energised team who love what they do. You’ll coach colleagues to provide a brilliant service to our customers and together you’ll drive sales for your store. A brilliant planner with strong prioritisation skills and excellent commercial acumen, you’ll have the flexibility to support different locations, at different times, when asked.
Retail experience isn’t essential, but the right person is - an inspiring manager who works at pace, a responsive listener and a great communicator who is keen to use new technology. Our values make us different – there’s no uniform, because we want you to be you and there are lots of great benefits in helping us lead the way in retail, including:
- A discount card after 12 weeks for you and a second user that gives you 10% off your Sainsbury’s shopping, 10% off at Argos and 10% discount at Habitat
- Annual bonus scheme where you are rewarded on your individual contribution to our success
- Retirement savings plan where we match your contributions up to 7.5%
- Discounted shares in our Sainsbury’s Sharesave scheme
- Our cycle to work scheme gives you the opportunity to hire a brand new bike and cycling equipment
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Click apply to start your Sainsbury’s journey. If you meet our criteria you will then be invited to complete a video interview with us, before being invited to an in store assessment.