There’s nothing our customers love more than a delivery to their doorstep, right when they want it with everything they ordered and brilliant service. It makes for a fast-paced working environment too, which is ideal for anyone who wants to learn all about retail management and put it into practice — quickly.
It’s busy, and you’ll be responsible for everything that happens during your shift; and great training will give you the confidence to lead your team, plan resources effectively and ensure customers are always delighted.
What you’ll be doing
Our purpose is that driven by our passion for food, together we serve and help every customer.
Online is all about the pace and organisation keeping your team engaged, our vans on the road and our customers happy. That means the team is super-busy as they pick, pack, prepare and deliver online orders to our customers’ doorsteps, from early until late. You’ll manage your team’s performance and time, making sure they feel supported and that everything gets done.
Whilst on shift you’ll be ultimately responsible for making sure it runs like clockwork. In collaboration with other managers, you’ll be planning shift patterns and activities in advance. And at the end of your shift, you’ll do a thorough handover to the next Manager.
We’ll give you the time and space you need to do all that properly. Because when a team works really well together, our customers notice.
Who you are
This is a great way to begin your management career in retail, or to develop the skills you already have and make them first-class. Our customers are always looking for that something extra special, and your ability to guide, motivate and inspire your team of colleagues will be key to achieving that.
Our structure gives clear management presence across the full range of opening hours so that our customers and colleagues always feel able to ask for help or offer solutions when things aren’t going so well. You’ll ultimately be responsible for making everything as good as it can be. We’re an award-winning diverse employer so you’ll nurture a team where everyone feels supported to be themselves.
How you can develop
There are plenty of opportunities for you to stretch and develop your skills so just let us know when you’re ready to take on more. Remember, you’ll be part of the Sainsbury’s team so you’ll never, ever be short of options.
What we’ll give you
Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. Alongside this, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues, including:
· Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you and a second user 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Throughout the year we regularly increase discount at Sainsbury's and Argos to 15% as an additional benefit.
· Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
· Generous holiday entitlement, maternity and paternity leave
· Pension – we’ll match 4-7% of your pension contributions
· Sainsbury’s share scheme – build up an investment at discounted prices
· Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
· Colleague networks – link with like-minded people to help fulfil your potential
· Cycle to Work scheme – hire a new bike and cycling equipment, whilst saving on tax and NI
· Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Click ‘apply’ to start your Sainsbury’s journey