We are Sainsbury’s, Argos, Nectar and Bank. The Group is one of the largest Grocery retailers in the UK, a leading Digital retailer, the largest Loyalty programme in the UK and multiple Banking products. We serve customers millions of times a day offering them diverse range of products and services ranging from food, general merchandise, clothing and mortgages.
As one of the largest retailers in the UK, we generate a lot of data and are always looking for better ways to use our ever increasing amounts of data to understand our customers and optimise every aspect of their experience at a scale and richness that few companies can match.
We work in agile, empowered and co-located teams that contain all of the skills and support needed to put data driven outcomes in the hands of our customers and colleagues at pace. Our culture encourages teams to innovate, collaborate, learn and take ownership. We have Technology hubs in locations throughout London, Milton Keynes, Manchester, Edinburgh and Coventry with a range of onsite and offsite perks.
What you’ll do
- Build and design large scale real-time and batch data pipelines using technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, SQS.
- Programming in one or more languages within our data eco-system e.g. Java, Scala, Python.
- Implement cloud technologies such as GCP, Azure. AWS including S3, and EMR.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Work collaboratively within a team of cross-functional engineers.
- Work with structured, semi-structure and unstructured data.
- An engineer with a passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and has hands on experience of the languages, tools and infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.