The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
About the role
- Build and design large scale real-time and batch data pipelines using technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, SQS (Not all of these are essential)
- Programming in one or more languages within our data eco-system e.g. Java, Scala, Python
- Implement cloud technologies such as GCP, Azure. AWS including S3, and EMR
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Work collaboratively within a team of cross-functional engineers
- Work with structured, semi-structure and unstructured data
What we’re looking for:
- An engineer with a passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and has hands on experience of the languages, tools and infrastructure
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Tech