We wrote the book (OK, the catalogue) on online shopping and we're the go-to place for Black Friday and Christmas gifts. From toys to technology, watches to inflatable unicorns, millions of customers come to us every year in search of the perfect product to make their season merry and bright. You'll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
If you love delivering an excellent service, then you’ll love being part of the team at Argos. It’s so much more than just driving; you’ll be the person delivering smiles right to our customers' doors, making sure they get their orders exactly when they want to. When you’re not driving, you’ll be maintaining a slick operation in the stock room or on the shop floor so we’re always delivering the right products at the right time.
Most of our roles work a variety of shifts across the week and three shift blocks during the day; Monday to Sunday 5:00am - 1:00pm, 1:00pm - 6:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm. You’ll have your guaranteed hours every week and there will be opportunities for you to work overtime if you want to including supporting your local Sainsbury’s delivery operation.
It is a legal requirement that candidates must be at least 18 years or over and have held a full manual driving licence for at least 12 months (with no more than 6 points on your licence). We'll ask you to complete an online driving risk assessment as part of your interview and, if you’re successful, there’ll be a driving assessment when you join us.
You’re also part of a multi-brand, multi-channel retailer that prioritises colleague development so this role could propel your career within one of our brands.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Additional benefits for Christmas 2022 - to support our colleagues this Christmas, once you have 4 weeks' service, we will uplift your Sainsbury's discount to 15% at Sainsbury's from mid-November through to January 2023. Argos discount will increase to 15% for one day every payday Friday until Christmas. Plus, all of our stores will be providing free food and hot drinks for Colleagues working over the festive period.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.