At Sainsbury’s we believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do which is why we have put digital at the centre of our vision of being there for their customers whenever, wherever and however they want and of serving more of our customers more of the time. Within Digital we are one organisation, driving brilliant experiences across all our brands operating in agile teams and working seamlessly together to make the most of the exceptional knowledge, insight and talent that we have across the Division.
As the Ecommerce Monetisation Manager, you’ll be instrumental in shaping the monetisation of the Sainsbury’s website including optimising existing revenue streams and delivering future innovation. You will need to work in partnership with the Nectar team, Product managers and the broader Ecommerce team, influencing across stakeholders to land change that balances customer, commercial and colleague impact. With stretching revenue targets, you’ll have plenty of scope to land impactful change to support one of the key divisional outcomes.
What you need to do
- Collaborate with Nectar and Product teams to develop an Ecommerce monetisation strategy and delivery plan to achieve our divisional revenue objectives
- Evaluate the customer, commercial and colleague impact of potential monetisation initiatives to ensure effective prioritisation
- Review and analyse competitor executions of monetisation to shape with best-practice thinking
- Drive improvements in existing monetisation strategy by analysing media performance data and shaping the execution rules and logic of media placements
- Optimise team ways of working in our media delivery by identifying challenges with existing processes and shaping improvement
- Collaborate with broader Ecommerce teams to land new initiatives, including identifying any ways of working changes or training required
- Support with the approval of Ecommerce monetisation activity – ensuring that activity is customer-centric and to our best-in-class execution standards
- Ensure the workflow of monetised assets is optimised and efficient.
- Develop supplier support or guides to ensure best practice standards are supported
What you need to know and show
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills across a wide group of stakeholders - be the voice of the Ecommerce customer and colleague
- Customer-centricity is crucial. Whilst this is a monetisation role, customer experience is at the heart of our strategy
- Ability to think strategically and prioritise effectively, balancing strategic and more innovative change with smaller quick-win improvements
- Excellent digital and commercial acumen with ability to analyse digital data to shape strategy
- Deep understanding of Ecommerce, including monetisation strategies and technologies within the industry.
- Technically minded without needing to be a technical expert – you will need to understand the fundamentals of our Ecommerce platform in order to effectively shape how initiatives can land
What decisions I can make including budget
- How we deliver monetisation roadmap across the Ecommerce teams
Support we will provide
- Support from analytics teams as required
- Generic Sainsbury’s L&D, line management support