From 6th March 2022, the advertised rate of pay will increase to £10 - £11.05 per hour, based on location.
Do you have a passion for food? Then you’ll love joining us as one of our Food Service Assistants.
One day, you could be serving coffees and great food in the café. The next, you might be in the bakery, or on the hot food counter. Either way, you’ll be tuned in to what our customers want and make sure they’re receiving an experience that will really wow them. From helpful advice, to chatting about their day – by being yourself and offering a personalised service wherever possible, you’ll ensure every customer walks away with the intention of coming back.
You don’t need to bring any previous food or retail experience – because we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
What matters is that you have a passion for food and you’re prepared to do the right thing for our customers. Whilst not essential, the more you know about technology and the stronger your nose for sales, the better you’ll be at getting people excited about our products.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.