Since opening our first shop in 1869, we've made a lot of Christmases merry and bright. Over the last 150 years, our food and drink offer might have changed, but our passion for outstanding customer service remains just as strong. You'll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
If you’re into fashion, interiors, homeware or gaming – or you just love arranging things to look great – this is the role for you. As one of our GM & Clothing Assistants, you’ll help to position and sell our fantastic Tu and Habitat brands, and make sure our homeware and entertainment products are laid out to catch customers’ eyes.
The great news is you don’t need to bring any previous experience. You’ll need an eye for detail and a gift for making it easy for our customers, finding whatever’s on their shopping list, as well as being tuned in to suggest other products they’ll love. We’ll train you on the job and in no time at all, you’ll build an understanding of our amazing product range.
In practice, it’ll be your job to put our great products on display and really wow our shoppers. You’ll move them around and into the best position, as trends or seasons change. You could be bringing the shorts out when the sun is shining, or the winter coats when it rains. From dressing mannequins, to stocking up on the latest book or game releases – even advising customers of new releases and what’s in right now – you’ll really know what’s what.
We’ve thought of everything to help you do the best job you can – including planning which products go where in store. So, you’ll always know exactly how to make the most of our stock and displays. Simply, we want to do the right things for our customers and let them know Sainsbury's is the place for lifestyle products. And you’ll be the person who helps us do just that. What’s more, you’ll bring the flexibility we need to ensure a seamless customer experience, by working where you’re needed most.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Additional benefits for Christmas 2022 - to support our colleagues this Christmas, once you have 4 weeks' service, we will uplift your Sainsbury's discount to 15% at Sainsbury's from mid-November through to January 2023. Argos discount will increase to 15% for one day every payday Friday until Christmas. Plus, all of our stores will be providing free food and hot drinks for Colleagues working over the festive period.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.