We are looking for team players who always ask why, refine their understanding of what, are not afraid to suggest how, and don’t lose track of when.
Predicting customer behaviour, scheduling all our Groceries Online deliveries and optimising store space for over 10 million stocking points. These are a small selection of the breadth and complexity of the data products we deliver in the Applied Data Science and Machine Learning team. We now want to increase the capacity and impact of our talented team with a cloud infrastructure engineer who can build the infrastructure platform to deliver our algorithm and data science productionisation efforts.
This role will be perfect if you want the challenge of building performant infrastructure that hosts algorithms making decisions across over 10 million stocking points, over 1500 stores for over 20 millions shops per week. You will design and implement the scientific platform that realises our vision of a seamless transition from scientific experiments to production algorithms and back.
We are an Agile team that has embraced Xtreme programming, pairing of scientists and engineers, continuous integration and test driven development. You can avail of flexible working, lunch at the food carts on Leather Lane, code in our flexible Agile space. We’ve even been known to commit code from stores and depots!
- Deliver high quality beautiful code in Agile product teams
- Develop and configure supporting product infrastructure
- Bridge the gap between science and engineering by educating scientists on best practice and by learning about typical data science outputs.
- Design and implement our algorithm productionisation platform.
The following are essential:
- Continuous integration/deployment/delivery
- Agile processes and workflows
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
Exposure to the following is considered an advantage:
- Metric Driven Development (MDD)
- DevOps on AWS infrastructure
- Working in a development role in grocery/retail
- Experience with Serverless architectures
- Experience developing ETL pipelines
- Big Data technologies
- Passionate about software engineering
- Focused on delivery
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Obsessed with automation
- Curious about data science and mathematics
- Well versed on Agile methodologies
- All decisions related to your tools and ways of working within your team
- Flexible compute on AWS and mainstream open source stack
- Access to experts in architecture, product ownership, information management, data science, Sainsbury’s systems and retail
- Conferences, training and access to the broader Sainsbury’s engineering community
- Flexible workspaces (white boards, libraries, collaboration spaces) in an office in the heart of the City