Do you enjoy tackling some of the most exciting and challenging Big Data problems in the industry?
Do you get excited building large-scale technology solutions, which make a difference to millions of customers every day?
If so, then we would like to talk to you. We are looking for a Solution Architect to work within agile delivery teams to create consistent and extensible solutions.
Technologies in our stack include AWS, Kubernetes, Kafka, Hadoop, PySpark, R, Python, Scala, Snowflake and Java. Used to deliver a range of data products including a data lake in S3, a group wide data warehouse and data services to support algorithmic decision making.
We are Sainsbury’s, Argos, Nectar and Bank. The Group is one of the largest Grocery retailers in the UK, a leading Digital retailer, the largest Loyalty programme in the UK and multiple Banking products. We serve customers millions of times a day offering them diverse range of products and services ranging from food, general merchandise, clothing and mortgages.
As one of the largest retailers in the UK, we generate a lot of data and are always looking for better ways to use our ever increasing amounts of data to understand our customers and optimise every aspect of their experience at a scale and richness that few companies can match.
We work in agile, empowered and co-located teams that contain all of the skills and support needed to put data driven outcomes in the hands of our customers and colleagues at pace. Our culture encourages teams to innovate, collaborate, learn and take ownership. We have Technology hubs in locations in London, Milton Keynes, Manchester, Edinburgh and Coventry with a range of onsite and offsite perks.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a community of practice to optimise emergent solution design and best practice across the data and technology stack
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams to identify and embed technical improvement opportunities
- Work across the wider group technical functions to develop and agree principles which will simplify data ingest and management for the group data area
- Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams
- Collaborate with the information governance, information security and chief engineering functions to provide consistent and effective support to delivery teams
- Work closely with the lead technical designer (lead data modeller) to create consistent principles that account for both the technical and data landscapes.
- Line manage a team of Solution Architects working day to day directly within agile sprint delivery teams.
Who you are
- A solution architect with a passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and has hands on experience of the modelling, languages, tools and infrastructure.
- Strong influencing and communication skills coupled with the ability to line manage and coach team members
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.
- Someone who continually strives to understand new technical opportunities and has the tenacity to learn associated skills