Job DescriptionAt Nectar360, we’re busy building the best loyalty programme we can and getting to know our customers better than anyone else. With over 20 million Nectar users and over 5 billion Nectar points shared, we’re the market leader in delivering superior data analytics.
Although we’re a front runner, you won’t find the typical stuffy corporate culture here. We pride ourselves on encouraging innovation, autonomy and future thinking. All the things that ensure we continue to be ahead of the curve in a competitive environment.
Based at Holborn, we’ve ensured that our team are in the thick of it. In our hub you’ll find a fast paced, exciting, game-changing environment, basically all the great things you would expect to find in a start-up agency, but with the richest commercial data on the market at your fingertips.
If you’re looking for an energetic environment where your talent can grow, we are actively recruiting for a Data Engineer to join our Nectar360 family.
• Work with the Tools & Data Science team and wider Nectar360 Analytics team to bring together our unique data assets, models and algorithms in powerful tools, processes and pipelines
• Maintain quality and ensure robustness and responsiveness of data processes throughout the team
• Own your own projects, by providing input to scope, planning the development and presenting the solutions with recommendations within agreed timelines
• Have opportunity to lead by example - defining best practice solutions, driving improvements across the business
• Be an innovative thinker with a passion for delivering pragmatic solutions that make a difference in the ‘real world’
• Experience working with a range of AWS cloud based products, including S3, EC2 and EMR
• Multiple years of experience delivering projects in a professional environment
• Extensive SQL experience, ideally on a range of databases
• Experience working with Linux/Unix servers and liaising with Network, Infrastructure and Dev Ops teams
• Great communication skills and the ability to work with data scientists, developers and analysts to get the best results
• The ability to understand the wider context of problems and to use data engineering to make a positive difference in an organisation
• Knowledge of code versioning tools such as GitHub or BitBucket
• Experience working with Data Science teams and the common languages used in this area, like Python and Spark, is important
• Familiarity with Docker containers and managing pipelines with a tool like Jenkins with would be very useful
• Also previous exposure to web-based tech stacks would help when working with our developers
What you will really need is the ability to explore new technologies, to find the right solution and take on each problem as it comes along.
We want a motivated and dedicated team-player able to work in small agile teams and with the drive to work independently.