What does this role involve?
Our drivers are the face of Sainsbury’s to our customers! They drive and deliver the shopping to their doorsteps, ensuring it reaches them in perfect order, providing a personal and great service and resolving any queries speedily and efficiently. Driving our vans is also a huge responsibility so our drivers are vigilant and confident behind the wheel. We do everything we can to ensure our Drivers can deliver customers’ shopping on-time including providing them with equipment and planning their routes.
Driving will be just one of your skills
Of course, we're looking for people who are vigilant and confident behind the wheel. But it's about much more than that. The kind of people we're looking for will have:
• Fantastic communication skills
• A sense of pride in making customers' lives easier
• Confident at driving in inner London areas
• At least 18 years or over
• Valid UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points and at least 12 months' driving experience
• Being flexible towards working hours – we offer a range vacancies of 12-48 hours per week which include a variety of shifts between 6:00am – 11:00pm, we will discuss all this with you at your interview
• Able to travel to Bromley-by-Bow where the Online Fulfilment Centre is based (E3 3TT); we strongly advise checking your route to work during your available working hours before applying if you are intending to use public transport
We offer a huge variety of benefits
We offer a great deal from the day you join with, additional benefits as you develop your career. Here's just some of what's on offer:
• First class training and development opportunities
• Sainsbury's discount card
• Annual bonus scheme
• Season Ticket loans
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme
• Colleague recognition scheme
• Awards for long service
As part of the recruitment process a background check to verify your identity and a Disclosure Barring Service check will be carried out by an authorised third party. If successful your assessment will be held at the Online Fulfilment Centre, Bromley-by-Bow.
The date advertised is the latest date that this vacancy will close. If we reach the maximum amount of applications this vacancy may close before the advertised date.