‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and food as much as we do! There’s no better time to join our team and help millions of customers prepare for their celebrations and join in the excitement of the festive season!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Love food, shopping and fast-paced work? Joining our team as an Online Assistant could be the role for you! This is a hands-on job that makes our online customer orders happen, from the second they click the order button on our website to the moment their shopping lands on their doorstep.
As an Online Assistant you could be on the shop floor picking our customers’ orders, taking real care to select the best quality products and making every effort to give them exactly what they have asked for. Or you could be working in our online warehouse, supporting with customer queries, processing orders through the tills and even working with our online Drivers to load their vans so they’re ready to hit the road on-time.
Whichever area you’re working in, you’ll take pride in doing the right thing for our customers and have a keen attention to detail. It’s important you are also comfortable working with new technology and being active, including lifting and moving shopping containers up to 15kg.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Sainsbury's will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit: https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Nightshift premium - in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 nightshift premium is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.