If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 nightshift premium is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
Hours will include a Saturday or Sunday
shifts are 04:00-08:00AM please only apply if you can commit to 4am starts
All shift patterns will be discussed at interview
please bring correct right to work to interview
Like making people’s lives easier? Then you’ll love completing our customers’ online orders, as one of our Online Assistants. This is a hands-on job where you’ll make things happen at pace.
Simply, it will be down to you to ensure that every customer order runs as smoothly and easily as possible, whether you’re working behind the scenes or picking the products on the shop floor. From the second our shoppers click the order button on our website, to the moment their shopping is loaded onto our delivery vehicles, you’ll take pride in creating the Sainsbury’s experiences that really wow our customers, making sure they keep clicking back to us.
As an Online Assistant your role could be on the shop floor, picking our customers’ orders and taking real care in selecting the best quality produce, as if you were shopping for yourself. Putting each order together, you’ll give customers exactly what they’ve asked for. And if we’ve sold out of anything, you’ll choose a replacement that’s the closest match to ensure our customers are never disappointed.
Or, you could take on one of our more general roles, getting savvy with the various tech systems we use to make sure all our online orders arrive on time and in great condition. You’ll be speaking to customers over the phone, putting the orders through the tills, and even working with our online Drivers to load their vans so they’re ready to deliver to our customers, working and winning as one team.
Whichever area you’re working in, crucially like us, you believe in doing the right thing for customers, every time. So, you’ll take plenty of pride in doing these important jobs well. A keen attention to detail and passion for great customer service is really important. You’ll be open to learning how to operate new technology and comfortable using our handsets on the job, too. You’ll also need to be comfortable lifting and moving shopping containers weighing up to 15kg.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.