Every week we move millions of products to our customers at record speeds. Brilliant customer experiences at this kind of pace, require fresh and appealing products to be available whenever and however our customers shop with us. And in this area of our business, we help to make sure that happens.
By engineering innovative, smart technology, we put the tools in our colleagues’ hands to power a global supply chain. Whether it’s wine from New Zealand or milk from the local dairy farm, our tech performs. We solve problems at scale. We process billions of records, predicting and planning to make our customers lives easier. We keep our warehouses and stores operating smoothly around the clock, because what’s important to our customers, is important to us.
As Product Manager, you’ll be focused on understanding customer needs for specific products, building and owning their product roadmap and delivering the strategy for their products. You’ll have a flair for creative problem solving and enthusiasm for supporting delivery of change through people and technology.
Working in Agile teams, you’ll build a highly collaborative relationship with your Engineering colleagues and support in defining, delivering and iterating features and finding creative ways to deliver great experiences for our customers.
You’ll utilise a variety of techniques to develop your understanding of the tech landscape and customer expectations of technology, using product metrics to prioritise their specific product roadmap effectively and seeking out data and insights to allow you to make informed decisions.
More about the role
- You’ll support end-to-end delivery by maintaining a 90-day product roadmap, as well as a prioritised and estimated FY backlog
- You’ll coordinate and report post-launch evaluation to validate that products work for customers or colleagues as designed and that value is delivered
- Track both effort and value delivery identifying opportunities for cost reduction, using this insight to inform prioritisation of opportunities for the product
- You’ll collaborate with other product teams and 3rd parties to launch new product features
- Help identify necessary and/or desirable third-party technology to evaluate and select vendors Together with technology teams evaluate potential partner relationships
- Monitor relevant industry trends and engage both internal and external teams as appropriate to build shared insight
More about you
- Knowledge and understanding of a retail business and the technology landscape, and how to maximise the value that products can and will add
- Understanding of Agile delivery and modern engineering team practices
- Knowledge of technical product development principles and methodologies
- Ability to translate business goals, technology strategy and market knowledge into a product roadmap that prioritises delivery of value and enables future business agility
- Anticipating risks and opportunities, responding to escalations at pace and coaching others to find solutions based on your expertise
- Ability to switch between strategic visioning and getting into the detail, being the authority in all aspects of your product
- Awareness of existing and future stacks/interfaces for the product and how to develop these so they work seamlessly for customers and colleagues
- A high level of team contribution, seek opportunities to provide input and support across the team and outside core areas of focus
As well as lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across our multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.