If you’re studying for a science related degree and thinking about your placement year for 2023, there’s nowhere better than Sainsbury’s.
Ensuring our food always tastes delicious whenever it lands in our customers baskets is an important task, and one that falls to us in Sainsbury’s Brand. Over the years, we’ve built up quite the reputation for quality, taste, welfare and sustainability, so everything we do, we do with that in mind. As an intern, you’ll put everything you have learnt during your degree so far into practice to deliver a project of real business benefit, and build on your knowledge to understand what goes on behind the scenes to consistently deliver great tasting, safe products to our 22 million weekly customers whilst upholding our strong brand credentials.
This is paid work with a FTSE 100 business, and a real foot in the door for only the most ambitious students.
As an Intern in Sainsbury’s you’ll:
Spend a year working alongside and being supported by experts in the Sainsbury’s Brand team. You will have the opportunity to build on your breath of knowledge within a range of product areas across Fresh and Grocery and work closely with Product Technologists.
Across the year you will:
- Complete two 6 month projects- these will be specific to your area and will provide an opportunity to work cross-functionally within the Sainsbury’s Own Brand division
- Gain invaluable insight into the Food Retail industry and how our business works
- Develop presentation and stakeholder management skills through presenting the findings of your two projects to leaders within the business
- Have the opportunity to work with and visit our suppliers, giving you access to the whole supply chain
- Have the opportunity to work in Store, exploring how your work affects our retail colleagues, and how we work as one team
Our Food Commercial team would love to see:
- A genuine passion for food and food retail
- A desire to build on the learnings gained during your degree, and apply your knowledge to real life / work situations
- Ability to soak up knowledge from others within our business
- Time management and organisational skills
- Teamworking skills with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to a range of stakeholders
In return you'll get
- A competitive salary
- Colleague Discount across our multi-brands including Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday Allowance
- Special Offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
- Full year programme of inductions and immersions into our wider business
- Ample resources at your fingertips – you’ll have everything you need to achieve your objectives and we will help you all the way
- Help in navigating our business, and all other potential career journeys too, to help you make the right choice when you graduate
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture.