Our Finance function isn’t just about championing internal audits and controlling risks. It’s about transforming our Finance systems and processes to make sure we’re set up for success in the ever changing world of retail. It’s generating crucial insights for our business, keeping costs under control and maximising our cashflow. Here you’ll see strategic decision making at its finest. We’re changing the face of retail. And you can be a driving force.
As a Finance Manager - Group FP&A, you’ll be a key member of the Group Financial planning team with primary responsibility for providing the business with group-wide high quality performance analysis, latest views, budgets, forecasts and 5-year corporate plan, as well as ad hoc analysis for the CFO, Group & Commercial Finance Directors.
More about the role:
Support the preparation of the Group corporate budget, forecasts and the corporate plan covering the P&L, cash flow and balance sheet and other KPIs, which will involve:
- Liaising with each Operating Company (OpCo), developing two-way understanding of trends in performance, and key issues, activities, and timetables
- Consolidating submissions into the corporate picture, providing constructive challenge to the key contacts at the Operating Companies
- Assisting in the production of executive summaries and board papers which distil the data and focus on the key issues
- Supporting the financial reporting process in providing timely, accurate and informative weekly and periodic performance analysis for the Operating Board, and linking with OpCos to establish consistent messaging and develop best practice
- Supporting the year-end and interims process in preparing the Board with comprehensive analysis of corporate performance and an external financial review for inclusion within the statutory accounts
- Performing a high standard of ad hoc analysis supporting the CFO and Director of Group Finance & Director of Commercial Finance, and the financial planning and reporting team e.g. strategic project analysis, credit ratio analysis, cost savings analysis etc.
More about you:
- Strong academic background – A levels and degree
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Post-qualification experience in a similar financial planning role (Retail industry a distinct advantage)
- Strong analytical skills – ability to focus on the key issues
- Strategic perspective – understanding of the wider issues impacting corporate performance
- Advanced excel modelling skills
- Good systems skills an advantage (Onestream preferable)
As a Finance Manager, you’ll receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme and private healthcare, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 26 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.