Flexible location (Manchester/ Coventry / London / Milton Keynes) and Home
Put simply, procurement is about buying goods and services not for resale. But our teams here are so much more than that. From purchasing construction services and materials, logistical services through to marketing and all our IT capabilities – our procurement teams are role models for leading towards a cost-conscious culture. We are driving efficiency and leading change through great supplier relationships and transforming the way we do business. Our purpose is to deliver great results for the business through passion, purpose and determination.
As a Category Buyer - Property Services you will support the development and execution of commercial sourcing strategies that provide a fit for purposes supply chain and deliver value for money to Sainsbury’s Group. You’ll use our strategic sourcing methodology to enhance Sainsbury’s competitive advantage, minimise risk and help deliver outstanding solutions for our customers and colleagues. In this role, you will be working with our Property function to source services and provide strategic direction that support our Estates, Construction and Security functions, and will be at the forefront of delivering solutions that our customers and colleagues see, touch and work with every day.
More about the role
- Working in collaboration with Sourcing/Category managers, provide support to the development of complex commercial strategies that balance cost, quality and risk.
- Provide analytical and research support to projects and activities across your category area.
- Support the execution of sourcing activity including the preparation and management of sourcing events (RFIs/ RFPs), supplier appraisal and selection, negotiation and contract.
- Develop and execute category plans for specific commodities, building understanding on internal and external supply markets and influencing stakeholders to obtain support for your ideas.
- Work flexibly across the category delivering commercial projects as required to maximise value for the Sainsbury’s Group.
- Ensuring all commercial activity completed in line with Sainsbury’s Procurement Policy
More about you
- Experience in procurement or relevant commercial experience, ideally gained within indirect procurement
- Commercial acumen and desire to build a career in Procurement
- Experience of working in a commercial environment, with relevant exposure to Procurement principles and techniques.
- Experience in working as part of a cross-functional team and influencing others in order to land business change
- First rate written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of commercial negotiation with suppliers
- Basic legal knowledge and some experience of contract negotiation
As a Category Buyer - Property Services, you’ll receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 25 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.