In Category Planning we pride ourselves on making a good impression, every time. After all, months of hard work goes into developing and or finding products that meet our customer’s needs, so we need to ensure that we’re helping everyone eat better by delivering the best value through key events, secondary space, in the aisle and across channels.
At the core of Household, Baby and Pet (HBP) is the Category Planning & Ranging team. Every day we champion our customers, spot new commercial opportunities, and consider the impact on store colleagues to orchestrate a delicate balancing act that drives our team to greater success. As a Category planner you’ll bring your forward-thinking, insightful and commercial mind-set to deliver on the key events and secondary space for HBP.
You’ll be delivering on exciting projects so experience in coordinating and implementing projects at pace with a can do, highly organised approach will be key to your success! With your extensive experience with data-led decision-making and great intuition you’ll get to use your influencing skills with a range of stakeholders (from Buyers through to Marketing, Nectar360 and Space teams), to drive forward the success of the HBP category.
As a Category Planner you’ll:
- Planning & execution of the HBP Category Plan
- Support Buying, Marketing and Online on implementation of Pet and Baby workstreams & provide periodic updates to all relevant stakeholders
- Drive HBP category performance through weekly and trended analysis and action planning
- Optimise growth of HBP through all channels, particularly spot opportunities for mutual success for online
- Lead our relationship with insights, keeping the category team updated on all relevant knowledge that will impact our strategy
- Support Nectar360 & our buying teams to maximise insights, investment & marketing activation from our suppliers that have a real impact on performance
- Lead our process (ABC) to support the category to deliver shared targets
- Work with Head of Category Planning to support strategy development & delivery of key projects
- Balance week to week performance optimisation with longer term strategic planning
Our HBP Planning team would love to see:
- Proven customer-centricity, with a solid foundation in insights across qualitative and quantitative sources, including EPOS & Panel data
- Analytical and hypothesis-led approach to problem solving, capable of interpreting multiple complex sources and communicating the ‘so what?’ simply and impactfully
- Commercially astute with laser-sharp focus on delivering against KPIs; backgrounds such as Buying/commercial in Fresh/Grocery
- Excellent stakeholder management, able to build strong relationships across all levels of seniority and deliver through cross-functional teams
- Efficient and organised, thrives off planning and coordinating, with experience of successful project management
- Relentless focus on spotting opportunities for improvement
- Resilient to working with high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to think strategically and link ideas together with the support of data and analysis
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/