As a retailer, Supply Chain & Logistics is at the very heart of our business. This role within our Supply Chain Planning Team is pivotal to our “Brands that deliver” pillar, engaging cross-functionally throughout the wider Transformation team, you will have a unique opportunity to both deliver meaningful change, as well as thinking broadly and creatively to inform and shape our future.
As a Supply Chain Transformation Strategy Lead you will lead in developing the strategy of the programme into business cases across all our brands and channels, working hand in hand with a wide set of stakeholders to ensure a seamless hand over to the Programme team for implementation. This is a significant transformation of our supply chain capability and ways of working which will build the foundation for further business transformation elsewhere in the organisation.
This is a critical role in defining the future of the Supply Chain, developing market leading capabilities, processes, and operating model to drive competitive edge in a core foundation of the business which will unlock further transformation across the business.
More About the Role:
You will contribute to the strategic development of Sainsbury’s Supply Chain, by leading the creation and revision of both medium and long-term strategies, including E2E product flows, process continuous improvement, technology, and people.
You will define and plan the large cross-functional vision and business case using appropriate project/ change management tools and techniques and prepare, maintain, and distribute all materials needed to effectively plan the delivery to the programme and senior leadership Team as well as other senior internal stakeholders.
Driving clarity and simplicity from positions of ambiguity by framing the right business questions and employing an outcome-centric & hypothesis-led approach and be creative in bringing the right insights and people together to help solve our toughest business problems and make practical recommendations to the business.
What you need to Know & Show
- Full understanding and experience of Supply Chain ideally within a UK-based retailer.
- Successful experience of working on shaping change projects/programmes.
- Strength in driving end-to-end strategic thinking, using outcome-centric & hypothesis-led approaches
- Excellent forward planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage time effectively in the face of conflicting priorities and timescales
- Ability to see the bigger picture & connect the dots across multiple projects/parts of the business
- Demonstrate curiosity to stretch business thinking E2E, challenging the status quo & driving innovative solutions
- Ability to innovate and implement, combining analytical perspectives with a pragmatic approach.
- Strong market research and external stakeholder engagement to bring best practice into the supply chain
- Commercially astute with a sharp focus on operational costs, the colleague will actively identify deliverable opportunities for supply chain optimisation.
If being part of a hugely influential team and working for a fantastic Supermarket with a 150 year history wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits, a competitive salary and a huge range of learning and development opportunities: Click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.