As a Concept Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the development of creative communication ideas for New Retail Concepts and Formats within Sainsbury’s. You will work on a wide range of projects across both Food and Non-food categories, and your responsibilities will cover all aspects of Graphic Design, from Insight and Brief creation, though to final Design Concepts. The knowledge and experience you have gained will allow you to develop a range of permanent Brand Communications that help improve the shopping experience for customers within our stores. The role is responsible for developing a clear articulation of our Brand in store, and providing clear principles and guidelines for its delivery through internal teams. You will be responsible for the management of external design agencies, specialists and suppliers to provide creative solutions that help set the future direction of our Brand in store.
As a Concept Graphic Designer you’ll:
- Create and develop compelling design briefs that demonstrate a thorough understanding of the project objectives, and create clarity of all required deliverables for Agencies and Suppliers.
- Manage and direct Agencies and Suppliers throughout the creative design process, ensuring regular feedback and appraisal of output at all stages of development.
- Champion innovation and quality in driving change based on Data-informed Insight and Research.
- Manage a wide range of diverse projects to deliver on time and to budget, ensuring a high level of quality - in line with our Brand Standards.
- Communicate weekly updates to the Concept Graphic Design Manager and Head of Store Design, as well as regular project updates to all Stakeholders.
- Deliver Communication Principles and developed Brand assets to the Design Delivery teams, ensuring absolute understanding of all key requirements and design direction.
- Provide design support and advice throughout the Design Delivery process, ensuring that the Creative Vision is delivered in store.
- Manage project specific budgets for external agencies, ensuring the delivery of best value for Sainsbury’s.
- Develop and communicate insight into Agency and Supplier capability, and identify opportunities for new technologies and ways of working.
Our Store Design team would love to see:
- Extensive knowledge of Creative retail design trends and best practice.
- Ideally experience of working both Agency and Client side within the Design industry.
- A proven track record of success in the delivery of retail environments, to agreed timelines and within agreed budgets, as well as great project management skills.
- A Proven track record of influencing Clients and Management teams up to Board level.
- An extensive knowledge of Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and an extensive knowledge of production methods and processes.
- An understanding of current digital programs and processes.
- An understanding of 3D design software such as Blender and Sketch-up would be beneficial but not essential.
- An understanding of our customers and their needs in store.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/