The big question: why on earth should a data professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Data.
We have over 80 analysts within our Marketing & Loyalty Analytics department, focusing on the broad spectrum of analytics.
More about the role
This role will lead a team within the Marketing Digital Analytics function that owns the analytics of Digital marketing activity across all of our brands (Sainsbury’s/Argos/Tu Clothing/Habitat) as well as deliver actionable digital media insights for Sainsbury’s suppliers such as P&G and Unilever.
This role has a huge impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of our digital marketing activity and therefore the performance of the overall business. You will be responsible for working with key stakeholders across Marketing to ensure that all analytics and data needs are met including the Digital Marketing Team and the Nectar360 Commercial teams to help analyse our digital campaigns for FMCGs. The successful candidate will be required to influence them on a tactical and strategic level.
What you need to know and show
- Experience in analytical roles with proven experience of analysing digital data in a retail environment.
- Experience of managing and developing analysts.
- Strong technical experience in digital analytics (Adobe/Google Analytics) and associated technologies.
- Proven experience and interest in Digital Media and Advertising; a strong technical understanding of AdTech space is essential
- Experience with AWS and/or could based technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, together with independence of thought
- Proven ability to translate technical knowhow for non-technical audiences.
- A self-starting attitude and ability to adapt to fast changing priorities
- Experience of effective technical conversations and pair with data engineers to productionise our outputs.
- Experience of attribution modelling methodologies
- Scepticism and attention to detail regarding data quality, samples, bias and ethics.
- Experience of FMCG or Retail sectors would be advantageous
What we offer
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
You’ll also benefit from being part of the wider Data & Analytics community at Sainsbury’s. We have Big data with a great culture and huge learning and development opportunities.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.