We’d all like amazing work to do, and real work-life balance. That’s waiting for you at Sainsbury’s. Everything our Nectar team does is powered and fuelled by data — and by great relationships with some of the UK’s favourite brands. The Nectar 360 team focuses on developing loyalty programmes, turning amazing data into something that makes a difference, traditional media and digital. It’s like an agency-within-a-retailer, and retail media is crucial. The culture might not be what you expect either, because there’s no set-up quite like this one. The team is a real priority because it’s connected to everything the business does, and drives profitability. It’s where you can take risks, learn from them and be recognised.
Associate Analyst – Nectar360 Partner Analytics
Based in the heart of Central London, Nectar is the UK’s largest loyalty programme, with 19m members across the country. We’re recruiting an ambitious Associate Analyst to work closely with decision makers at some of our prominent Nectar partner brands.
When you join Nectar360 you’ll put your analytical skills to work in our Partner Analytics team, working together with both internal stakeholders and Nectar partners. You’ll use our customer and transactional data to answer challenging analytical questions to help Nectar and our partners understand customer interactions and purchases.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll analyse Nectar data to maximise understanding of customer behaviour and provide impactful insight and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- You’ll build your analytical knowledge and take responsibility for answering day-to-day queries and analytical projects, such as:
- Understanding how Nectar collectors interact with our channels and offers to inform how best to engage them.
- Analysing who our different customer groups are and how can we personalise our offering to them.
- Scoping and creating performance trackers in Tableau which will directly influence stakeholder decisions.
- You’ll take a proactive role in delivering analytical value to our stakeholders, such as improving process efficiencies and experimenting with innovative methods to enhance analytical outputs.
- You’ll explain complex analytics to non-technical audiences.
What we would like you to have:
- An innovative mind and a passion for solving problems
- A university degree (2:1 or higher) or equivalent
- Technical confidence and statistical understanding to manipulate and interpret datasets using Excel and ideally SQL or R
- Previous experience of BI tools (e.g. Tableau) would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, a confident curiosity to explore and understand analytical problems, with evidence of how you share insights with colleagues to achieve actionable results
Key expectations in role:
- Confident user of specific coding languages. Previous experience usually through prior education or training.
- Strong ability to derive insightful findings from data and observed trends.
- Ability to create code to address bespoke queries with some support. High level of consistency on BAU work (e.g. repeated analytical deliveries).
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of common methodologies through discussions or project shares within the analytics team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy to minimise errors & rework. Actively supporting QC requirements across immediate team.
- Clear understanding of the impact of coding efficiency on database, other users or processes.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office applications (especially analytical applications for Excel)
- Adherence to emails / Outlook best practice. Timely response, appropriate tone, meeting etiquette etc.
Desired behaviours in role:
- Clear desire to learn and enhance personal capabilities in analytics.
- Proactively questioning and investigating anomalies in data and results.
- Enthusiasm for QC as an opportunity to learn.
- Taking actions based on specific feedback. Not making the same mistake twice.
- Focus on developing best-practice work habits in day-to-day role.
- Ability to answer queries to timelines and expectations.
- Raising with manager/team if issues with work volume.
- Ensuring work requests that are received directly are routed through the appropriate resourcing channel.
- High levels of composure when things don’t go to plan or demands are high.
Strong performance in role includes:
- Consistently including practical recommendations and actions alongside insights.
- Proactively taking steps to improve technical skills with the toolkit used day-to-day.
- Active involvement in cross-team initiatives to broadly enhance our capabilities & operations.
- Proactively setting appropriate stakeholder expectations.
- Utilising expertise in retail/loyalty data to spot clear errors based on the context.
- Proactively addressing documentation gaps that exist within the team.
We are committed to being a truly inclusive retailer so you’ll be welcomed whoever you are and wherever you work. Around here, there’s always the chance to try something new — whether that’s as part of an evolving team or somewhere else across the business - and we take development seriously and promise to support you. We also recognise and celebrate colleagues when they go the extra mile and, where possible, offer flexible working. When you join our team, we’ll also offer you an amazing range of benefits. Here are some of them:
Starting off with colleague discount, you'll be able to save 10% on your shopping online and instore at Sainsbury's, Argos, TU and Habitat, and we regularly increase the discount to 15% at points during the year. We've also got you covered for your future with our pensions scheme and life cover. You'll also be able to share in our success as you may be eligible for a performance-related bonus of up to 5% of salary (which may vary for Nectar360), depending on how we perform.
Your wellbeing is important to us too. You'll receive an annual holiday allowance and you can buy up to an additional week's holiday. We also offer other benefits that will help your money go further such as season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, health cash plans, salary advance (where you can access some of your pay before pay day) as well access to a great range of discounts from hundreds of other retailers. And if you ever need it there is also an employee assistance programme.
Moments that matter are as important to us as they are to you which is why we give up to 26 weeks’ pay for maternity or adoption leave and up to 4 weeks’ pay for paternity leave.
Please see www.sainsburys.jobs for a range of our benefits (note, length of service and eligibiity criteria may apply).