12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Join the "Best Place to Work in Data" as awarded by DataIQ in 2021
Nectar360 is the company behind Nectar, the UK’s largest loyalty programme, with 18m members across the country. We’re recruiting an ambitious Analytics Manager to work closely with decision makers at some of our key Nectar Partners.
Do you take satisfaction in seeing your recommendations implemented in the ‘real world’? Are you analytically creative and motivated by new challenges? Do you have a passion for working with data to drive insight and improve customer understanding?
When you join Nectar Insights you will be providing world-class customer insights for our Nectar programme. Utilising the Nectar data to understand how we can personalise the customer experience and drive business impact, this role is a fantastic opportunity to apply your people and analytical leadership skills.
The role, reporting into the Head of Coalition Analytics, is joint-based at Nectar (Holborn) & the candidates home location.
As an Analytics Manager you’ll:
- Manage a team of 3-6 analysts, including line-managers, driving optimal value to our Nectar Partners.
- Use your experience and knowledge to identify and propose innovative analytical solutions leveraging both Nectar and client data across a range of areas. You will be responsible for ensuring these analytical projects are fit for purpose and deliver impact for our clients.
- You’ll develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, and be an ambassador of your team within Nectar and for our client set.
- Use communication skills to demonstrate the value of Nectar.
- Support your team in scoping out and managing analytical projects that help answer business questions from a customer angle. Ensuring output is always accurate and actionable, with appropriate technical expertise and recommendations
- Work alongside the Account Management Team (KAM) to help deliver the best relationship for both our Partners and Nectar.
- Lead your team to success, providing day to day support, ensure their wellbeing, developing analytical and commercial skills.
- You’ll be planning workload across the team, leading prioritisation of changes with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Managing the hiring process and ensuring the recruited analysts are of the highest calibre.
- Support members of the Analytics Leadership Team to drive forward team skills levels and provide material to be used in prospect conversations.
- Be able to work autonomously, project managing the sprint process with each client and develop longer term plans
Our Marketing Analytics team would love to see:
- 5+ years’ experience in client facing analytics role.
- Proven ability to explore business performance and deliver analysis that has commercial impact.
- Experience of line management, ideally team management
- Excellent communication skills with proven success of collaborating with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Experience of optimal application of statistical and data science techniques (regression models, clustering, statistical tests)
- Experience of customer databases and analytical tools (SAS, SQL, R or Python).
- Experience of customer data and the loyalty industry is desirable.
- Experience of SKU level analytics is desirable.
- Experience of running recruitment processes is desirable.
This role will suit you if:
- You’re looking to grow your career in management through a great team with a varied client set. You’ll have the best of both worlds as you continue to develop through exposure to interesting work and increasingly complex projects, coupled with responsibility for a managing and developing a team of talented analysts.
- You thrive on excellence all the way. You will need to deliver high quality insight both personally and through your team. More than just attention to detail, you need to be ready to recommend the best techniques as well as deliver accurately and on time.
- You’re looking for variety and new challenges. We work with a wide range of contacts across Nectar360 and provide analytical advice to multiple business units. No two questions are the same, so you’ll need to be analytically creative whilst thinking on your feet to understand the real question we need to answer.
This is a great opportunity to learn and share knowledge across the breadth of Nectar360’s analytical expertise in the UK with the vision of being recognised as world class in loyalty and customer analytics.
The Nectar360 Analytics team is a centre of excellence for employees to advance their analytical understanding in the field of loyalty marketing and business & customer/collector analysis.
You’ll develop through stretching goals, targeted development and exposure to interesting work and people. Working for Nectar360, you will be proud to be part of one of the UK’s best known brands, and to be working with our Partners who are themselves, leading consumer and business brands.
We believe people are at their best and their happiest when they are using their strengths. We will work with you to work out what those strengths are and how best to use them to achieve what you need to, and more, and to go on to do great things within Nectar360 and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension & colleague discount alongside a host of other benefits.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/