Please note: This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
In Trading Operations, we pride ourselves on supporting our trading and retail teams in the execution of their day-to-day activities. We provide first, second and third-line support for several key Trading systems and processes, using the insight gained to foster a culture of continuous improvement looking at driving efficiencies. We are also the masters of Product Data that is key to ensuring the smooth running of our systems.
Our team is big, diverse, and passionate about improving process. We have a real range and breadth of experience and our fields of expertise include systems, customer service, technology and strategy – we learn from each other, putting it all together to achieve the best results.
As Commercial Support Project Manager you will lead, direct and control the co-ordination of key commercial initiatives, internal process and system changes, supporting the transformation team on larger projects. You’ll engage with a diverse group of stakeholders to influence the direction of cross- functional projects and meet business goals. You’ll be key in driving operational excellence in core commercial business processes and supporting systems, continuously improving the efficiency of how we deliver the commercial proposition to all channels.
The unique thing about this role is that you get to see the inner workings of Sainsbury’s, the cogs that keep this well-oiled machine running. You and your team will face into every part of the business from retail and technology to legal and supply chain and 3rd party vendors, which is great for development. You’ll own projects as a Subject Matter Expert and transition business change projects into business as usual.
As a Commercial Support Project Manager you'll:
- Own the development roadmap for key trading systems and Processes i.e. Ticketing app, e-forms, PMA
- Lead, motivate, develop, and coach direct reports and virtual team members to create a high performing project team
- Manage a Commercial Support Project Analyst, prioritising workload based on business needs and trends
- Build and maintain networks for identifying best practice and building the profile of the Commercial Support Team
- Support in the implementation of key commercial trials and activities ensuring sustainable processes are in place to hand over to BAU
- Working alongside the wider Trading Operations team in the development of business cases for investment and resource to support key initiatives
- Track and report on benefits from implemented processes changes
- Pro-actively identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
The Trading Operations team would love to see:
- Experience of landing large-scale change projects within a complex business
- Proven record of delivering and embedding change successfully
- Strong knowledge of Retail and Commercial trading processes/ systems, ability to see and consider the "big picture"
- Leadership skills to support and develop a highly engaged team of experts
- Great people skills and able to build great working relationships through effective communication
- Strong MS Office skills (Experience with MS Project Desired
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/