We have an exciting opportunity to join the Sainsbury's Trading team as a Senior Buyer for World Foods, in the Grocery division. You will report into the Head of Buying, who will guide you to develop your buying and selling strategies, support you in negotiations with key suppliers, and provide effective coaching to develop your skills and achieve outstanding results. It’s a fast-paced retail environment where you will be able to thrive working with a large FMCG supplier base and a variety of cross functional teams including senior stakeholders.
This Senior Buyer role requires you to lead, optimise and execute the buying and selling strategies for World Foods and as a result to sustainably grow your sales (c.£190m annually), secure Sainsbury’s fair share of the World Foods market, and grow profit. You will line manage two Buyers who buy areas of World Foods.
But what is particularly exciting about this opportunity is that we are in the middle of revolutionising our World Foods offer, with our ambition to offer the most comprehensive range for customers tailored to local demographics.
As a Senior Buyer you’ll:
- Analyse customer, market and product data, as well as using key industry insights
- Buying Strategy: Ensuring we have the right suppliers for each product through competitive tender processes, negotiation and analyse the end-to-end supply chains for your products; drive efficiency and save cost
- Selling strategy: Building your price and promotional plans and agreeing funding with your suppliers
- Deliver range reviews that improve our master assortment ensuring we offer great value to our customers and better availability
- Identify key trends in the market and work with our product developers to review own label opportunities
- Reporting on performance at weekly and periodic sales meetings
- Presenting to senior stakeholders in the business to gain support for key decisions or strategic projects
- Line manage two World Foods Buyers
Our World Food Team would love to see:
- Previous buying experience (not essential)
- Know and understand the product, market and consumer
- Knowledge of buying systems and processes
- Strong commercial acumen
- Effective communication, networker and influencing skills
- Brilliant prioritisation and organisation
- Ability to spot issues, plan to mitigate risk with high levels of resilience
- Experience to lead relevant cross functional projects through to delivery
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/