This is a great opportunity to lead transformation projects end-to-end that can save our business millions and support us to put food and our customers first! The role will see the individual work collaboratively across the business with key stakeholders in our store support centres & stores whilst building great relationships and impact in order to help transform our business.
As a Transformation Manager, you will be working alongside senior leaders in the organisation to define and develop medium to long term retail and customer focussed programmes enabling retail to deliver the business strategy. Working in a matrix framework you will contribute day-to-day across a number of work streams, have a strong functional knowledge of Retail, the wider business and project methodologies including working in an Agile environment. You’ll work across different teams to bring a challenger mind-set, seeking new and improved ways of tackling opportunities. Delivering both excellence in Operational Development and Change Management, you will adapt to problems and challenges, providing solutions as required.
To be successful in this role you must understand how businesses work, both operationally and functionally with Project and Change Management experience.
More about the role
- Be a creative and challenging thinker seeking out opportunities to improve our business
- Run your own projects and experiments to transform the store operating model at pace
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the challenges colleagues across the business face
- Be aware of relevant business developments & retail industry best practice to support your thinking
- Have a desire and passion for self-learning and an enquiring mind-set
- Be a positive influence, collaborating with multiple areas of the business
- Develop and manage strong networks across the business and externally
- Influence and build relationships and give effective feedback
More about you
- How to use analysis to draw insight to support answering questions
- Using Agile Methodology in a non-software development context
- Retail experience is desirable
- Build great relationships and managing stakeholders, as well as understanding the needs of stakeholders, especially store colleagues, and take this into account when influencing
- A self-motivated, self-starter member of the team
- Other practices for managing change Lean, Zero Based Budget or Zero-Based Organisation
- Proactivity, anticipating risks and focusing on the right priorities
- Display a credible and confident presentation style, able to move from explaining to engaging
In return you'll get
When joining us you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme and private healthcare, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 26 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.