This is a hybrid role, based in Holborn and home.
In a nutshell
As Liquidity Manager, you will have primary responsibility for the efficient management of liquidity resources within Sainsbury’s Bank. You’ll ensure that the Bank always complies with internal risk appetite and external regulation whilst minimising cost and ensuring that there is a high level of technical rigour to the supporting analysis.
What you need to do
- Help the delivery of the Bank’s ILAAP, Funding Plan and the liquidity aspects of RRP. Drive high quality technical analysis and continuous improvement of these key regulatory documents
- Monitor liquidity daily ensuring that regulatory limits are always complied with and that liquidity costs are minimised within the limitations of risk appetite
- Produce, collate, and develop management information for ALCo/Interlock
- Manage all liquidity modelling, forecasting and management information and drive the continuous improvement of all liquidity related processes
- Collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure all models/frameworks satisfy regulatory requirements, best industry practices and Bank’s internal requirements
- Responsible for the monthly Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) process (from designing/building through components to the development and production of monthly outputs), FTP forecasting and monthly MI
- Assess the impact of new products & projects, from an FTP perspective, effectively collaborating with multiple stakeholders across the organisation to deliver funding rates applicable to new products
- Develop and maintain Liquidity regulatory and forecast models in QRM (data upload, liquidity risk analysis, report management and improvement)
What you need to know and show
- Degree qualified in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics or Finance or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment related to liquidity management gained through significant experience of liquidity management at a UK or EU Bank
- Robust awareness of the control environment requirements within financial services
- In depth knowledge of Quantitative Risk Management (QRM)
- Knowledge of FTP models
- Knowledge of broader Asset and Liability Management principles and techniques
- Practical treasury modelling and reporting experience
- Knowledge of Treasury markets, derivatives, and economics
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.