In Commercial Change we pride ourselves on making our business the best it can be, a place where people love to work and shop. After all, months of hard work goes into developing and finding products that meet our customer’s needs, so we need to ensure that our product information, processes, and pricing are top-notch – Helping Everyone Eat Better.
We’re a diverse and collaborative team that recognises the need for change to drive our business forward, bouncing ideas off each other and working across multiple disciplines in food, general merchandise, and clothing to deliver exceptional solutions for our customers and commercial colleagues.
As a Senior Change Manager, you’ll be at the spearhead of transformational change within Sainsbury’s, landing initiatives that integrate, automate and optimise processes and systems across the commercial division driving efficiency and a world class customer experience. Product information and how we get it, share it and use it is key to how we function as a business, so working alongside Project Managers, Tech Product Owners, Business Analysts and SMEs, you’ll help us to find and implement the best ways of doing this.
You’ll have stakeholders ranging from suppliers to board members to colleagues in store, so the right person for this role will be a great communicator who can really show us their experience in managing effective relationships. You’ll need to be a real problem solver, always looking for ways to make things easier, more efficient and cost-effective.
More about the role:
- Provide expert change management methodologies for multiple initiatives at any one time across food, general merchandise and clothing
- Ensure strong engagement across all constituents and developing change readiness frameworks to measure success
- Develop strong working relationships across all the departments we work with in both commercial and broader functions at all levels
- Bring a new perspective to initiatives, challenging the status quo and identifying opportunities to do things better/cheaper/faster
- Adopt an agile approach and utilise lean principles wherever possible to deliver initiatives at the desired pace
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues and dependencies to swift resolution
- Conduct on-going change and impact assessments and adapt approach as and when necessary based on assessment and ongoing inputs from stakeholder groups
- Ensure all change governance documentation is completed fully in a timely manner including robust plans which enable continuous monitoring of progress
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the processes and systems utilised across the whole Commercial function as well as our strategy and business priorities
- Input into the strategic direction by your interactions with Tech Product Owners, Programme Leads and Head of Commercial Change
- Be aware of competitor developments and industry best practice to help inform transformation
More about you:
- Track record of successfully delivering large scale change initiatives of significant complexity with multiple stakeholders and broad impact
- Expert knowledge of change management theories (e.g. Kotter, Prosci and Lewin)
- Experience of building long-term, collaborative engagement with cross-functional stakeholders with different levels of seniority
- Experienced in issue management and resolution
- Well-developed hypothesis-led problem-solving capability
- Agile experience would be ideal, but not essential, but should have an agile mindset and desire to learn
- Experience of Programme Management and Lean Methodologies
- Excellent impact and influence skills at all levels with the ability to frame and contextualise facts in a way that is relevant to the audience
- Ability to prepare/deliver succinct and engaging presentation, as well as robust business cases
- Change qualifications desired
As well as lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across our multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.