Edinburgh & Home based
In a nutshell
As a Data Analyst you will deliver relevant Management Information and insight, to allow the Insurance team to manage P&L, demand, sales, conduct and risk targets. Through your subject matter expertise in the data shared, you’ll support predictive/ preferential pricing. You’ll ensure the veracity of the Insurance data used and will monitor and improve the accuracy of the wider Sainsbury’s Bank data employed through the Insurance model. You’ll provide data mining, extraction and analysis support as well as supporting on all data quality issues, actions and required improvements, specifically for Insurance team.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the delivery of data, analytics and data governance within the Insurances Team, incorporating responsibilities for Management Information, P&L forecasting & tracking of preferential pricing projects across all insurance products.
- You’ll have a working knowledge of all Insurances data & an understanding of all data we hold, maintaining an understanding of current metrics.
- Ensuring accuracy of data and reporting
- Producing relevant regular MI/BI reporting and analytics development. You’ll also look at automating the production of data MI/BI and reports.
- Delivering data extracts to support the preferential/predictive pricing models for both introducers and broker businesses.
- Working in collaboration with Product Management to deliver appropriate data and data correlation exercises.
- Supporting in-progress projects, ensuring data usage is accurate and in line with policy.
- Collaborating with Customer Insights and Chief Data Teams to ensure provision of relevant data sets for both merge and lookup feed processes.
- Participating in discussions with internal parties on data matters.
- Providing data to support the financial model in partnership with the Decision Support Team.
- Maintaining close working relationships with Insurance Products, Commercial, Customer Insights, Marketing, Finance and Data Governance teams.
- Providing high quality updates and papers as required to various committees through provision of data and information.
- Develop and maintain the structure of the reporting database and related data flows and transformations, to combine data from multiple sources for delivering data insights and business intelligence.
- Develop database reporting views and semantic layers.
- Ensure technical solutions support the accessibility, retrievability, security, and quality of specific sets of data.
- Apply data analysis, design, modelling and quality assurance techniques to maintain data structures and associated data transformation components.
- Investigate ways to extract additional value from existing information assets
What you need to know and show
- Experience in data analysis or similar commercial role.
- Good reporting & data visualisation (e.g. Power BI) skills.
- Experienced user of SQL, you’ll know how to extract data using SQL. You’ll also have knowledge of PostgreSQL and advanced Excel.
- Experience of delivering and disseminating Management Information across various levels.
- Previous experience of working with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, stakeholder management, and relationship building skills, across all levels, up to Director level.
- Ability to locate and define new process improvement opportunities. You’ll be a self-starter and a problem solver.
- Strong attention to detail with a desire for excellence in delivery and an appetite and drive to succeed.
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities.
- Understanding of AWS platform including Amazon Glue, Athena would be a plus.
We’re implementing new technologies (Azure SQL & Azure Data Factory) so it would also be an advantage if you have knowledge of these specific technologies, or any ETL tool.
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.