Flexible hybrid working from home with a base at one of our Store Support Centres in London, Coventry, or Manchester.
We’re always looking for the brightest talent to bring fresh energy, experience, and inspiration to our vibrant, collaborative environment.
With over 189,000 colleagues who are critical to the long-term success of our business, we're committed to being an inclusive employer where everybody is treated fairly and with respect and are encouraged to develop their skills and fulfil their potential.
And, wherever you join us, you can take pride in making a real difference to millions of customers’ lives.
In this fantastic role, our Supplier Relationship Managers are responsible for managing supplier performance and contracts across a range of suppliers and associated agreements. You will provide supplier and contract oversight identifying opportunities to develop strong partnerships to drive greater value and minimise risks.
This role acts as a key contact and subject matter expert for supplier and contract information and activities, supporting Procurement stakeholders with contract modifications, incentives, and remedies, while working with key business stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Reporting to the Head of Supplier Relationship management and working as a team to embed the supplier management framework across the division.
- Develop strong relationships with Sainsbury’s Tech managers, business owners and procurement and become the primary point of contact internally for specified suppliers.
- Runs regular governance boards across segmented suppliers, developing the high-quality metrics to support and develop supplier performance management. Creating and maintaining supplier performance metrics, dashboards and communicating supplier performance to stakeholders.
- Be a subject matter expert on contract content providing guidance to colleagues on contractual principles and mechanics. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of cost drivers, costs, and industry trends
- Be the escalation point across the division for supplier performance issues and run supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works closely across teams to understand systemic, underlying problems with supplier performance and accountable for driving improvement.
- Substantial experience of developing strong Supplier Partnerships to maximise the potential of the contractual agreements and generating value into the relationships.
- Strong stakeholder engagement with strong influencing skills and extensive experience in managing supplier performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of supplier management frameworks, techniques and its implementation and ability to understand contract risks and to work with other parts of the organisation in crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation.
- Experience in managing the full contract lifecycle and large complex contracts is desired, ideally in one or more IT categories.
- Interpersonal relationship strengths for managing disputes and driving change in supplier behaviours and communicate with clarity to internal and external stakeholders and with suppliers.
- Ability to build influential relationships across organisational and supplier boundaries and needs little direction and is proficient at working under their own initiative and taking responsibility for making decisions.
- ITIL experience desired.
If being part of a hugely influential team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and a huge range of learning and development opportunities, you’ll also enjoy.
- A competitive bonus scheme.
- Excellent maternity/paternity policy
- Career break and sabbatical opportunities
- Holiday allowance with the option to buy more.
- A healthy pension
- Colleague discounts at Sainsbury's, Argos, and Habitat with extra discounts throughout the year
- Cycle to work scheme.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you.