Flexible Location (Coventry, Milton Keynes, London) and Home
Make a positive difference to a top FTSE 100 Retailer’s Property Team.
With an estate of over 2000 stores in the UK and Ireland, you’ll play an instrumental role in how we create the best experience instore for millions of customers every week across Sainsbury’s and Argos. Part of the Format Planning Team, the in-house Signage Team provides a proactive and reactive resource, supporting the wider Property and Commercial Operations Teams on new business critical initiatives, while leading on comms/signage only roll-back and forward projects.
Working closely with the Signage Project Delivery Manager (Team lead) you will be responsible for managing projects from kick off working group meetings, through to building artwork briefs and print production briefs to land signage in stores, all across a number of exciting retail change projects.
Communication is key and expectations are high. As well as understanding of the artwork and print process, a regular drumbeat of communication is required to provide real clarity to all stakeholders (from store colleagues and up to director level) on your project status in a consistent and compelling way.
More about the role:
- Manage the artwork brief and print process of all permanent in-store signage projects via the internal artwork studio and external print suppliers.
- You’ll be an expert at managing your stakeholders and suppliers, providing clarity, costs and timelines across multiple projects at any one time.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, prioritising projects accordingly.
- Apply Sainsbury's visual identity guidelines across all in-store graphic communications, ensuring brand principles are followed and IP is being protected.
- Ensure that suppliers are delivering best in class services in the most cost-effective manner.
- Proactively identify value engineering opportunities and different store scenarios to help new initiatives land right first time across the estate.
- Review and approve store orders for permanent signage, and ensure POs are raised for all projects and suppliers.
More about you:
- Experience/knowledge of:
- Print production and artworking process.
- Retail environments (agency or client side).
- Delivering specific retail and in-store communication.
- Understanding of store plans and planograms.
- Microsoft packages (Excel) for compiling briefs.
- Working with print suppliers and couriers.
- Understanding and application of brand guidelines, taking into account message hierarchy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, quality control and proofing, with proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills and project management to ensure activity is delivered in full and on time with a high level of professionalism.
- A self-starter with a desire to develop, and ability to work to extremely tight deadlines and work unsupervised at times is essential
- Customer focussed.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and managing expectations giving them clarity on actions and project status, as well as the Signage Project Delivery Manager by providing detailed project updates
What you'll get in return:
We support our colleagues through on-going personal development programmes. We truly believe in our people and offer a wide range of opportunities to progress within the company.
When joining us you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 25 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts between 10%-15% at Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.