Senior IT Audit Manager
Edinburgh, Widnes, Holborn s & Home
We are happy for you to be based in any of the above locations but please note that occasional travel will be required to our Edinburgh office.
In a nutshell
As an IT Senior Audit Manager (SAM) you will be responsible for supporting the Audit Director (AD) and Head of Audit (HoA) in delivering an independent and objective risk-based IA service designed to systematically evaluate and improve the Bank’s risk management, control and governance processes.
You will support the HoA through managing and leading allocated complex audit assignments through the planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up stages with minimal support/supervision. You will deliver complex audit assignments and reporting through appropriate planning and contribute to the development of the portfolio annual audit plan to optimise resources and achieve departmental objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing and undertaking, as appropriate, the delivery of complex audits to time, plan and quality, demonstrating supportive and effective teamwork on all assignments, producing draft and final reports and presenting to Senior Managers.
- Supporting the Head of Audit (HoA) and Audit Director (AD) to achieve the IA department objectives including development and implementation of the SBAFS IA function and frameworks.
- Managing relationships with other areas of the business to keep abreast of strategic initiatives, proactively highlighting emerging risks.
- Demonstrating an advanced level of audit expertise through providing insights and coaching to support Audit Managers (AMs) and Senior Auditors (SAs).
- Documenting and maintaining risk assessments of auditable entities within the relevant portfolio and presenting assessment recommendations to the HoA and AD for approval.
- Maintaining the record of conformance for auditable entities within the relevant portfolio and presenting portfolio plan recommendations which optimise resources to the HoA and AD for approval.
- Contributing to the delivery of reliable enterprise audit opinions covering key processes, including robust technical challenge documents.
- Contributing to Monthly Control Reporting and Audit Committee Papers, by producing inputs and artefacts with technical insights and persuasive messages for executives, which require minimal revision.
- Providing coverage for the HoA in their absence and at their request.
- Assisting with recruitment activity to help maintain adequate resources to deliver plan.
What you need to know and show
- Good understanding of the environment in which the Bank operates (economic, banking industry, regulatory, and organisational).
- Strong experience in risk-based IT auditing or risk and control activities, ideally in financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in managing business relationships and assurance teams.
- Advanced level of experience in leading and managing complex financial services audit assignments.
- CMIIA; IIA: ACCA; CA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and relationship building skills. Able to convey technical issues to all colleagues, using subject matter expertise related to the audit portfolio.
- Advanced planning, organisational, analytical, evaluation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation capabilities, combined with a focus on results.
- Strong focus on finding solutions that have the right outcomes, acceptable to both auditee and IA function.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision using initiative to work efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate drive in delivering complex audits and other/project work.
Colleague Conduct Rules
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
· We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
· Opportunity to buy extra holidays;
· Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
· Cycle to work scheme!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the forefront of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create an innovative approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.