12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Nectar360’s vision is to be the most powerful insight and data-led media services agency in the country, creating valuable relationships between the UK’s favourite brands and their customers to help them live well for less. Digital is a key and growing part of the Nectar360 business, receiving substantial investment to develop and take to market a digital media buying platform – the Digital Trading Platform (DTP). Through its powerful data assets Nectar360 is able to target and measure display, social and TV campaigns. This capability is hugely sought-after by Nectar360 and FMCG clients. This role takes on a range of accountabilities, from owning the monetisation and delivery of audiences through to looking at the bigger picture by confidently leading new projects including publisher agreements and the creation of the audience builder tool for DTP.
What you need to do
- Create and oversee business processes to ensure that 1st party audiences are delivered and continuously refreshed in line with Sainsbury’s and GDPR standards
- Oversee the promotion of audiences for internal and externally by data partners and FMCGs, accountable for QC of data strategies and evaluations to drive effective evaluations
- Own strategic direction for the audience builder tool, influencing how it is built and delivered, tracking progress and proactively engaging multiple stakeholders to achieve success
- Collaborate proactively with a new working group across broader Nectar360 to take ownership of the Sainsbury’s targeting guidelines for digital channels at a broad level, anticipating and managing upcoming risks and blockers for DTP
- Help drive the strategic direction of digital channels, identify market shifts to shape the go-to-market strategy for DTP in order to drive team goals, i.e. advertising spend
- Own brand new strategic initiative, proactively create a network of key publishers to plug into DTP
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with publishers; make decisions and negotiate pricing in order to deliver efficient campaigns and results, adding value to the Nectar360 business
- Recruit and train talented Data Strategist to join the Digital team
- Manage appraisal process in a timely manner, ensuring that each team member has clear objectives
- Identify need for training and upskilling outside of the role’s remit, for instance, the wider planning department to influence buy-in and support for DTP
What you need to know and show
As the Digital Strategy Manager, you will oversee planning expertise for our digital media channels, interfacing with the FMCG planning team and partners to provide bespoke targeting recommendations for some of the biggest brands and agencies in the world.
You will support commercial targets of the digital work streams by driving best practice recommendations for audience selections, guiding analytic resource to understand and drive ROAS and working with the Digital Strategist to drive continuous channel and process innovation.
- Experience leading projects and engaging wider business functions in addition to agency teams, FMCG clients and third party suppliers
- Detailed knowledge of data planning and strategy including creating insight based proposals and processes
- Excellent knowledge of the programmatic landscape
- Exposure to customer analytics, data planning, campaign services and CRM sales and account management
- Proven to have outstanding commercial acumen through service improvement and/or implementing efficiencies
- Solid experience working in a similar capacity in FMCG or retail
Skills & Behaviours
- Dynamic personality, proactive, high energy, collaborative and a problem solver
- Results driven, focussed on revenue and output
- Ability to influence regardless of level and technical expertise, from graduate to senior management
- Build great working relationships with colleagues and commercial partners in order to achieve shared goals
- A broad and strategic thinker, capable of looking beyond the individual aspects of the service to implement holistic change where necessary
- A rigorous attention to detail
- Forward thinking, innovative and passionate about customer data
- A can-do attitude and a genuine desire to make a difference to the Nectar360 business, working outside remit and pushing personal and team boundaries where appropriate
What decisions I can make including budget
- Delivering channel budget, a minimum of £500k+ p.a.
- Contribute to the overall digital media budget, £1.5m+ p.a.
- Select Publishers for DTP project
- Team lead for the audience builder tool - DTP
- Discern opportunities for incremental revenue
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals