In a nutshell
Nectar360’s vision is to be the most powerful insight and data-led media services agency in the country, creating valuable relationships between the UK’s favourite brands and their customers to help them live well for less. Digital is a key and growing part of the Nectar360 business, receiving substantial investment to develop and take to market a digital media buying platform – the Digital Trading Platform (DTP). Through its powerful data assets Nectar360 is able to target and measure display, social and TV campaigns. This capability is hugely sought-after by Nectar360 and FMCG clients.
This role is key to the growth of the Digital business area as it is essential to the delivery of the campaigns that directly drives revenue.
The role leads a key function as part of an established Digital team providing Digital Media services to loyalty and FMCG clients delivering campaigns across the OpenWeb with Google, Social channels through Facebook and Instagram, this has recently been expanded to include targeted TV with Sky. The team has had great success, winning a Drum Digital Trading Award for best use of data and working with the IAB on proving the ROI of Display Media.
What you need to do
The key duties are as follows.
- Campaign - Execution: With a strong technical understanding of the Digital Media space you will manage the media buying for the Digital business to ensure we can deliver the volumes of campaigns required to hit revenue targets. You will be the lead for the delivery pipeline and provide optimal campaigns (initially display and paid social) and ensure process runs smoothly end-to-end. You will create, manage and run the campaigns of our clients. This includes buying strategy, reporting and optimization to ensure our clients are happy with their campaign results.
- Campaign - Process: Manage delivery against an agreed process (with some direct client contact), making recommendations for continuous improvement, using learnings to think up new concepts to trial.
- Campaign - Effectiveness: Ensure focus on results at all times – across multiple digital metrics (inventory, creative, bid strategy) to enhance campaign optimisation strategy. Use of advanced audience targeting strategies and creative testing matrices to deliver optimised campaigns. In this role you will need to work with the Lead Digital Analyst to ensure we are taking the learnings from previous campaigns to deliver the most effect campaign possible.
- Budget - Revenue: Own responsibility for our pipeline of campaigns taking the lead in reporting of capacity to Digital Media Trading Director to ensure consistent, quality delivery. Clients will be FMCGs and primarily their agencies.
- Budget - Finance: Own responsibility for our financial trackers, check PO/invoices are current and correctly recognised on our financial software (BASE).
- Relationships: Provide a best-in-class service experience for our internal Client Services team & Digital Commercial Director – build effective relationships assisting them with campaign proposals, recommendations and opportunities to take to their clients.
- Support: Support the Digital Media Trading Director and Digital Commercial Director with entries and proposals for externally facing awards and case studies. Further, support the team to resolve issues as they arise, both internally and externally.
- Team: Be the most senior active trader in the team, using your expertise to grow and develop the knowledge within the wider team. Lead through implementation of efficient campaign execution, creating a positive and consistent influence. This role has no direct reports but is expected to coach the immediate and wider Nectar360 team.
- Go above and beyond the day to day to have a wider impact across the whole business, showing consistency across all communications and campaigns to ensure the Digital team are seen as a credible service across the group.
What you need to know and show
- Proven experience in Digital Media; a strong trading capability is essential
- Solid implementation ability with at least one of the major trading platforms (DV360, The Trade Desk, AppNexus etc.) is crucial
- Social media buying experience is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Digital Media industry including Media buying and Evaluations (programmatic and direct buying, DMPs and media evaluation).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and influencing skills, together with independence of thought and the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of, or experience of working with, FMCG and Retail clients would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic about developing your career and being hands-on in establishing a new and exciting part of the business.
- Experience of internal management of multiple internal stakeholders.
What decisions I can make including budget
- Daily decisions on client budget management against different channels to drive best results and performance for our clients. Typical budgets for an individual campaign range from £20,000 - £80,000. This will amount to £500k in year 1 rising to c£3m in year 5
- Input into the decisions for the future roadmap of the DTP product.
Directly or indirectly manages
No direct or indirect reports
Support we will provide
- Access to our Nectar360 training programme, Navigator & the Our Sainsburys Learning Hub.
- Opportunity for internal mentorship and coaching.
- Access to personal development tools e.g. Bitesize talks, online self-development tools
- IAB training courses and seminars.
- Regular inspirational speakers hosted at our Holborn SSC.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.