As a group made up of the one of the largest Grocery retailers in the UK and the Nectar loyalty programme, alongside Argos a leading digital retailer, Tu Clothing, Habitat and a large scale, wholly owned retail bank, Sainsbury’s is a hugely data rich business serving our customers over 45 million times a week.
Sainsbury’s operates a highly personalised and extensive multi-channel marketing programme across digital, in-store and at home in order to grow sales & profit. The Campaign Delivery Lead manages a team of IMB Campaign (Unica) users and is responsible for delivering a significant volume of selections that underpin this programme, including making sure the tool is maintained with our technology support colleagues. Experience in working in an agile way is essential whilst maintaining high levels of attention to detail.
Being the Campaign Delivery Lead means engaging with all levels of stakeholders and helping business users with requests. This role requires an enthusiastic individual who is organised, a champion of change and is known for good communication skills.
What you need to do
- Use prior experience of IBM Campaign to make recommendations and share best practices during the building and running of campaign selections.
- Work with the wider team to troubleshoot errors and campaign performance issues that occur.
- Train new users on the use of IBM Campaign and Marketing Operations.
- Template configuration - updating offer templates, forms, attributes, Workflows. Updating and maintaining campaign brief templates.
- Using System Administration Settings to define user permissions and security policy settings.
- Ensure QA procedures are being followed, and look to update and improve upon existing QA processes.
- Work closely with our Support Team with regards to:
- Ongoing developments in the IBM Campaign tool, data processes, contact and response history processing.
- Raising and following up on performance issues.
- Collaboratively troubleshooting problems being experienced and to find resolutions.
- Liaise with IBM and SMEs to monitor improvements in the tool and opportunities for improvement where necessary.
- Own the “superuser” inbox and resolve queries from the team and agency users.
- Manage and coach a team of Unica users to deliver on time and with incredible accuracy.
- Prioritise and manage the workload of the Campaign Delivery team, working in agile.
What you need to know and show
- Expert in the use of IBM Campaign (Unica).
- Experience of working with Marketing Operations (Unica).
- Experience working with SQL for querying large databases.
- Understanding of database marketing; being familiar working with multiple customer databases and relational databases.
- Familiar working with test and learns, target and control groups, propensity models, customer segmentations.
- Experience managing a team with regards to training, pastoral care and personal development.
- Strong workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise requests from multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Self-motivation and problem solving skills.
- Significant attention to detail.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.