What will you be doing:
- You’ll analyse Nectar data to maximise understanding of customer behaviour and provide impactful insight and recommendations.
- You’ll take charge of day to day analysis for your clients, leading prioritisation of changes with internal/external stakeholders, whilst ensuring projects are seen through to completion according to your project plan. You must be able to look beyond the data to find relevant and actionable insights that are useful and interesting to clients.
- You’ll take a pro-active role in delivering increasing analytical value to Nectar, such as improving process efficiencies and experimenting with new methods and data to enhance analytics.
- You’ll develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders. Your network of contacts will prove key to maximising how you add value through insight.
- You’ll be responsible for making your insight actionable; explaining complex analytics to non-technical audiences and making clear recommendations on how Nectar stakeholders should be using the insight you’re providing.
- With colleagues you’ll develop and work on an analysis plan which meets the requirements and adds strategic value to Nectar as a whole.
- A University degree in a numerate discipline, and ideally, an MSc in a numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics)
- To be an experienced user of SQL and ideally one of SAS, R or equivalent. Previous experience of BI tools (e.g. Tableau or Business Objects) and/or Big Data platforms would be advantageous
- Proficient user of advanced Excel calculations
- Experience of working in the field of data analysis and customer insight
- Prior experience of building propensity models and/ or customer segmentations advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Keen commercial awareness
- Great communication skills, with the ability to translate data into effective and influential insight
- You’re looking to work autonomously in a client-facing environment. You’ll take accountability for analytical projects and build strong collaborative partnerships within the Nectar partners
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment where priorities can quickly change, you’ll need to think on your feet and have the confidence to voice your thoughts and opinions and be prepared to make recommendations on the application of the best techniques
- You thrive on excellence all the way. You will need to deliver high quality insight. More than just attention to detail, you need to be ready to recommend the best techniques as well as deliver accurately and on time.
This role sits within the Nectar Loyalty Analytics team comprising approximately 100 analysts in the UK. This is a great opportunity to learn and share knowledge across the breadth of Nectar Loyalty’s analytical expertise with the vision of being recognised as world class in loyalty and customer analytics.
The Nectar Loyalty Analytics team is a centre of excellence for employees to advance their analytical understanding in the field of loyalty marketing and business & customer/collector analysis.
You’ll develop through stretching goals, targeted development and exposure to interesting work and people. Working for Nectar Loyalty, you will be proud to be part of one of the UK’s best known brands, and to be working with our Partners who are themselves, leading consumer and business brands.