At Nectar, we’re busy building the best loyalty programme we can and getting to know our customers better than anyone else. With over 20 million Nectar users and over 5 billion Nectar points shared, we’re the market leader in delivering superior data analytics.
Although we’re a front runner, you won’t find the typical stuffy corporate culture here. We pride ourselves on encouraging innovation, autonomy and future thinking. All the things that ensure we continue to be ahead of the curve in a competitive environment.
Based on The Strand, we’ve ensured that our team are in the thick of it. In our hub you’ll find a fast paced, exciting, game-changing environment, basically all the great things you would expect to find in a start-up agency, but with the richest commercial data on the market at your fingertips.
If you’re looking for an energetic environment where your talent can grow, we are actively recruiting for a Full Stack Developer to join our Nectar family.
- Work with the Tools & Data Science team and wider Nectar Loyalty Analytics team to transform complex data and analytics into compelling and intuitive products and tools
- Maintain quality and ensure robustness and responsiveness of your products and applications
- Maintain code integrity and the organisation of your work
- Own your own projects, by providing input to scope, planning the development and presenting the solutions with recommendations within agreed timelines
- Have opportunity to lead by example - defining best practice solutions, driving improvements in existing reporting/analytical processes and visualisations
- Be an innovative thinker with a passion for delivering pragmatic solutions that make a difference in the ‘real world’
- Great coding skills in React, Node.js, Express and MariaDB
- Multiple years of experience delivering projects in a professional environment
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with users and data analysts across the business to design the best tools
- Strong background manipulating and visualising data from large databases, with an understanding of 'Back-End' integration and some knowledge of SQL tools
- A keen eye for detail and aesthetic qualities beyond basic functionality
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as GitHub or BitBucket
- Familarity with Docker containers and maintaining software through a tool like Jenkins would be very useful
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or MS Azure is desirable
- Ability to develop cross-browser/platform compatible solutions for web and mobile could be advantageous
- Server-side languages like PHP, Python, and Java could be useful, as could visualisation libraries like D3.js
What you will really need is the ability to explore new technologies, to find the right solution and take on each problem as it comes along.
We want a motivated and dedicated team-player able to work in small agile teams and with the drive to work independently.