If you like variety and helping people – really making their day – this could well be a role you’ll love. As a Services Assistant, depending on the store, you could find yourself in the office, completing tasks on the shop floor, serving a customer on the checkouts or in a petrol station.
This job is about doing the right thing for our customers and making sure you really wow them with the best shopping experience possible. After all, that’s what will keep them coming back. So you’ll be the friendly, professional face on check outs, in kiosks, at the assistance counter – you could even help customers pick up their click and collect parcels.
In fact, you’ll be doing everything you can to make things simple for our customers, from dealing with complaints, refunds and price control, to putting up posters and advertising, or doing the right thing to ensure we’re meeting the rules and legislation for working with petrol. One thing’s for sure – we’ll give you the training you need to do a great job and you’ll be part of a dedicated team, all working and winning together.
You don’t need to bring any experience to do this role. What matters is that you’re able to deliver a friendly, efficient and seamless service and you’re able to be yourself. Because that’s what our customers really want. Show us you’re passionate about getting involved and working at pace. And, if you’re open to working flexibly when things get quiet, that’s even better.
Please note, to work in the Petrol Station you need to be aged 18 or over.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.