Job DescriptionThe big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
More about the role:
- As a member of the Software Asset Management (SAM) team you’ll be supporting the day-to-day running of the team and contributing to activities to improve SAM across the group, especially as we fully integrate with the Argos business
- Responding to and resolving licensing queries from colleagues across the Sainsbury’s group
- Creating and maintaining licence entitlement records and associated data sets and ensuring it’s kept accurate and up to date
- Investigating exceptions and errors generated by SAM tools and automated processes and working with colleagues (where required) to address them
- Providing accurate, qualified data and information to other teams e.g. procurement, supplier management, etc.
- Working with and advising our Sainsbury’s Tech colleagues on their programmes of work as required i.e. Windows 10
- Ability to analyse large data sets and apply repeatable methods to process the data ready for consumption
- A self-motivator, someone who keeps their knowledge of changes in the IT industry and vendor licensing up to date
- Taking initiative is encouraged, if there is a better way to do something take the opportunity
- Problem solving and providing workable options to address any issues and potential risks presented to the group
- Attention to detail is crucial, for example being able to decipher contractual text and correctly determine how it applies to Sainsbury’s
- Working knowledge of some common software publisher licensing frameworks i.e. Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, VMware
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more