The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
- Write well structured, clean and readable code
- Assist in architecting systems and applications
- Practice/encourage Test Driven Development
- Be proactive in reducing technical debt
- Be an active contributing part of an agile development team
- Communicate well on both technical and non-technical level
- .NET Standard
- .NET Core
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure durable functions
- DevOps and why it’s beneficial to development teams
- Nice to have: Experience with Ansible, terraform, Jenkins, Chef, PHP, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ServiceNow
- Demonstrable experience in using React.js / Node.js / C#
- Show that you have a high level of understanding for a number of technical skills, attitudes and behaviours.
- Provide engineering advice for technical/architectural issues.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve your knowledge and abilities.
- Experience of building and working with RESTful services.
- Ability to convey and communicate ideas and opinion to peers.
- A positive attitude towards working within an agile team and being a team player.
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Tech