Your business and data analysis will bring to life how our data should be held in our new cross group cloud based analytics platform and will help our data engineers work out how data should be extracted out of our systems. The analysis you perform will play a key role in enabling Sainsbury’s to unlock our data’s insight potential, all in support of Sainsbury’s strategy to ‘know our customers better than anyone else’
We are Sainsbury’s, Argos, Nectar and Bank. The Group is one of the largest Grocery retailers in the UK, a leading Digital retailer, the largest Loyalty programme in the UK and multiple Banking products. We serve customers millions of times a day offering them diverse range of products and services ranging from food, general merchandise, clothing and mortgages.
As one of the largest retailers in the UK, we generate a lot of data and are always looking for better ways to use our ever increasing amounts of data to understand our customers and optimise every aspect of their experience at a scale and richness that few companies can match.
We work in agile, empowered and co-located teams that contain all of the skills and support needed to put data driven outcomes in the hands of our customers and colleagues at pace. Our culture encourages teams to innovate, collaborate, learn and take ownership. We have Technology hubs in locations throughout London, Milton Keynes, Manchester, Edinburgh and Coventry with a range of onsite and offsite perks.
What you’ll do
- Be the bridge between technical and commercial by translating commercial requirements into user stories and communicating relevant technical aspects to stakeholders
- Collaborate and interact with multi-disciplined teams to understand ‘why’ and build the right product to fit business need
- Work to define business benefits, write effective documentation including baseline measurement to ensure progress is can be tracked
- Map and understand how business processes create trails of data which can be used for analytical, data science and reporting purposes
- Assist the user community in understanding and getting the most out of the data products available to them.
- Play a guiding role in the creation of flexible data models to support reporting and analytical use cases
- An experienced BA with a high level of curiosity about business operations and how this is represented in data
- Strong influencing and communication skills to explain complex business and technical topics in ways which make them accessible
- Familiarity with story-tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc.
- Familiarity with different types of databases and other data-accessing interfaces such as SQL, REST APIs, Excel, etc.
- The ability to lead business users through the complexities inherent in defining KPIs, Metrics and business rules to obtain agreement on common requirements